Status
Please reply by conversation.

Digital Dude

Home Theater Editor
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
SHADO
I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with Direct (AGAIN) because the Pens vs Canadiens HD game on 95 is saying not available on all 4 HD boxes.

The game is from TSN, we have HD pak and Center Ice.

Anyone else seeing it or getting code 727?

Thanks.

projectorsrule said:
I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with Direct (AGAIN) because the Pens vs Canadiens HD game on 95 is saying not available on all 4 HD boxes.

Thanks.

Hey projectorsrule,
How's it going ?
I to am getting the dreaded ext.727
When you called, did you tell them that you wanted to speak with someone at ext. 727 ???

Jimbo

projectorsrule said:

Thanks.

Game is NOT from TSN...Fox Sports Pittsburgh...
Directv does not carry any games from TSN-HD yet...

Looks like the Center Ice subscribers got a taste of the ridiculous treatment NBA League Pass viewers are getting. If your paying over a hundred bucks for a sports subscription you ought to be able to recieve the 1-2 HD games a week they show. Period.

I was watching the game. I do live in Northeast PA, that might be the reason. The Pens minor league team is right down the road.

Same here...over an hour talking to three reps. First one said she had no idea why and transfered me to HD rep. He said I should try to get it using my over the air antenna. Nice thought if it were available and if I wasn't 225 miles from Pittsburgh (even farther from Montreal). Third rep said there was no HD game on channel 95 and he didn't know what I was seeing. On a side note I brought up the treatment HD subscribers get from D*, specifically the NFL Superfan mess. Great response from him..."The NFL sets all pricing, including that for Superfan. Directv has nothing to do with it." Ouch. Oh yea, but we "declared victory" on that tax in this forum a month or so ago. In any case, with all we shell out for service you'd think they could find people that could do more than just read a script. I am, however, glad to see I wasn't the only one who had issues with NHL HD last night.

Okay...I had the game. And I don't have Center Ice and live in Metro Philly.

I can't for the life of me understand why I did — and why various Yankee-related programming is blacked-out on YES (I do have Extra Innings and the SportsPak).

Sad to say: DirecTV just doesn't seem to have a clue how to manage blackouts and never really has.

It's all about where you live and what teams claim your location as local and not local and which network D* choses for the game feed

BFG said:
It's all about where you live and what teams claim your location as local and not local and which network D* choses for the game feed

No, not in this case it isn't. I live in the Dayton, Ohio (Blue Jackets) area. The game was available "out of market" via Center Ice on channel 765. If the Jackets/local FSN had requested a blackout it would also have been unavailable on 765. D* just didn't get this one right and they seem to be getting worse where HD sports are better. Yes, the "rules" are complicated. But it's apparent they make little effort to work for their customer. It's still the best option out there for me. I just wish they would try to correct the problems rather than shifting blame as they did in this case.

It is pretty simple what happened. The HD game was from the Pennsylvania Sports Network, and Center Ice Feed, of that game, was from TSN. We couldn't get it because the game in HD was not even part of the Center Ice Package, it was put there for feeds in the Pennsylvania Sports Network area. The rest of us that had the Center Ice Package had to watch it via the SD feed from TSN. We sure can get spoiled when we watch a game in HD and have to go back to watch another in SD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)