HD in my RV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikeyork

Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
Can somebody give me a straight answer as to just what I have to do to put an HD receiver in my RV? I only want to mirror what I have at home, I don't need DNS. Some people say I can simply mirror and some say I have to have a separate RV account, paying for all of the programming again.
Also what is the best antenna to use for an RV with an H20 in it?

Slimline dish with a custom mount should do the trick.

You will need to take it down when you move !

Matt

When I was a tech support csr for Directv, customers in RVs could set up a receiver in the vehicle as an additional receiver, but the antenna system was usually installed by a dealer or service company for the RV's, and if I remember correctly, the type of antenna used was made by the "winegard" company, it folded down flat on the roof while traveling and then was opened up and would automatically search for the satellite signal when needed. They probably have something much more sophisticated now, but I think that it you contact an RV dealer they would be able to get you to the right place to have it done. Oh, yes, one of the really good things about an RV receiver is that you would be able to qualify for the national network feeds for the ABC, NBC,CBS, FOX channels.

When I was a tech support csr for Directv, customers in RVs could set up a receiver in the vehicle as an additional receiver, but the antenna system was usually installed by a dealer or service company for the RV's, and if I remember correctly, the type of antenna used was made by the "winegard" company, it folded down flat on the roof while traveling and then was opened up and would automatically search for the satellite signal when needed. They probably have something much more sophisticated now, but I think that it you contact an RV dealer they would be able to get you to the right place to have it done. Oh, yes, one of the really good things about an RV receiver is that you would be able to qualify for the national network feeds for the ABC, NBC,CBS, FOX channels.

Yes, they have all types, they even have the ones that once you power it up it finds the sat for you, it's the one with the dome on it.
Then theres always the ones I see when traveling , where people just bring thier own dish and a tripod and set it up, the tripod is actually better, because if you get a site where there are trees, you out of luck with the one on the top of the trailer.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)