HD in the bedroom

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zebramidge

Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
Silver City, NM
i have a vip622 as my main hd receiver. it also feeds a SD crt tv in my bedroom. i want to upgrade the bedroom tv and go hd, but it appears the 622 will only feed out an sd signal. a friend of mine has offered to give me an extra 622hd receiver he's not using. is it as simple as splitting the signal to both 622s and hooking up a new hd tv in the bedroom, or do i have to contact dish and go through a process with them to start getting hd in my bedroom? thanks in advance for any help.

Run component cables from your primary 622 to the HDTV in the bdrm. Then use the uhf remote. That's what I do. Don't need the 2nd 622.

thanks. good idea. i assume i'll have to run same HD programming in both rooms on TV1 and switch to coax fed SD if i want to watch alternate programming on TV2 (which i suspect will be pretty nasty on an HD monitor). one last question: is there any reason to cheap out for a 720p in a bedroom application, or should i just cough up the dough for 1080 resolution?

No reason why a good 720p can't do the job. Unless you are sitting on top of it and have 20/10 vision, you won't notice much of a difference.

Run component cables from your primary 622 to the HDTV in the bdrm. Then use the uhf remote. That's what I do. Don't need the 2nd 622.

Absolutely. I bought 100' of component for about $40 and ran it to the bedroom. Leave the coax there in case you ever want to run in "dual" mode. I've been running my 622 like this for over a year. You won't need to set two different sets of recordings (as if you had two seperate boxes).

No reason why a good 720p can't do the job. Unless you are sitting on top of it and have 20/10 vision, you won't notice much of a difference.

I Agree. I mounted a 40" Samsung 720p LCD in the bedroom and the video looks amazing. BTW, from what I understand, anything smaller than a 47" wont give you the full impact of 1080p.

Absolutely. I bought 100' of component for about $40 and ran it to the bedroom. Leave the coax there in case you ever want to run in "dual" mode. I've been running my 622 like this for over a year. You won't need to set two different sets of recordings (as if you had two seperate boxes).

You also ran sound cables too, i assume ? It might be obvious to all but just wanted to check.

You can get 100ft component with the audio (5 wire) cable from Monoprice for $45. Not as thin as the RapidRun stuff but definitely cheaper.

monoprice also sells a "premium" series of 5 wire RCA cables for $79.98 which i assume is a higher gauge wire and perhaps better shielding. the specs are:

PREMIUM 100FT 5-RCA Component Video/Audio Coaxial RG-6 18AWG 75Ohm Cable: $79.98
vs.
REGULAR 100FT 5-RCA Component Video/Audio 20AWG Coax Cable (RG-59/U): $44.08

for a 100-foot run through a house loaded with electronics i'm thinking it might be worth it.

any thoughts on that?

monoprice also sells a "premium" series of 5 wire RCA cables for $79.98 which i assume is a higher gauge wire and perhaps better shielding. the specs are:

PREMIUM 100FT 5-RCA Component Video/Audio Coaxial RG-6 18AWG 75Ohm Cable: $79.98
vs.
REGULAR 100FT 5-RCA Component Video/Audio 20AWG Coax Cable (RG-59/U): $44.08

for a 100-foot run through a house loaded with electronics i'm thinking it might be worth it.

any thoughts on that?

RG-59 vs RG-6

The RG-6 will obviously support higher bandwidth but since you are only running an analog red/green/blue signal over it, RG-59 is fine for 100ft.

Even at $80, 100ft of 5 wire cable is a good price!

Can you do the same thing with a 211? I would like to add a HD set in our bedroom also
It looks to me like you can just looking at the back of the receiver. You have an HDMI and component out and if it behaves like other Dish receivers, both should be active at the same time. However, you may need to get an IR blaster to use the remote since I don't think the 211 has a uhf remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts