HD Installation Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kluever

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
I've got 5 tv's hooked up right now. A 322 for two TV's. A 522 on two TV's, and my main TV room has an 811.

I have an HD in my bedroom currently hooked up to the 522, but of course, only getting HD via air right now.

Here's my problem. I want HD in my bedroom, but my wife won't part with the DVR in there. I would also like to have a DVR on my main TV.

Can I get another box (922 or 942) and put that in the main TV room, and then hookup the 811 and the 522 in the bedroom? That way I can watch HD in the bedroom through the 811 and my wife still has the DVR through the 522.

In short, can you hookup two boxes to 1 TV? Thanks for any help.

Will DISH charge me for two boxes hooked up? Also, do I need seperate feeds from the switch for each box hooked up to that TV?

Depending on your TV model you can have many inputs or you can do it externally, but that is not recommended for HD because switchers are expensive for 3 coax or multiwire DVI.
I have my 921 on DVI, my 811 on component, and a 501 on s-video with RF to my son's room -- the best it can do. I also have DVD component and DVD+R s-video to the Toshiba.
Dish is not selling the 921 and you might not want it if they did. The 942 is only easily leased $250 by new customers, which you are not.
The 942 (HDMI or component and TV2 with composite+RF) could replace both 811 (DVI or component, s-video+composite, but no RF) and half of the 522 or a full 501-510. The only problems are sometimes software and the lack of s-video. The 921 has HD component or DVI and s-video+composite+RF but not at the same time.

Dish charges for each receiver beyond the first, for dual tuners without a phone line, for DVR sevice except 501/508/721, and for HD service of 811/942/921.

Dual tuner boxes require 2 feeds unless you have a Dish Pro separator fed from a DPP LNB or the DPP44. But you must know this if you are feeding 5 tuners already.

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts