Hd Lil Mapp Down...

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Hey i just noticed my dish hd LIL are mapping down to 2-0 for insance.. instead of the SD version being there its the hd version :)

and on the channels that are not in hd its the SD version. Can any one else see this.. Also I have my 622 set up for HD priority :)

ok this is how its working for me... what im seeing... if there is an hd channel avalible in the 6300 range and you have a mpg 4 reciver... that channel is being mapped down to the channel number -00 range.... that hd channel replaces the SD version of that channel for instance here in chicago I get two choices of channel 2.... the 6300 one or the 8300 one.... the 6300 one is taking priority over the 8300 one as far as mapping down to 2-00.... when there isnt a hd channel avaible for that perticular channel. For example WGN chnl 9. The 8300 one takes priority and gets mapped to 9-0.... I hope that explains things a tad bit better :)

I like this alot better as there really is no reason to have the sd channel there when the hd version is similcasted. It makes sence..

The reason I asked is that I record most programs in SD to keep from maxing my 921 disk out, but I watch the live programs in HD. It would be "nice to have" the SD channels mapped so they would show up next to the HD channels - maybe using an "-A" instead of a "-1" as the OTA channels are shown.

Just a thought, and a "nice to have" convenience.

KenSoren said:
The reason I asked is that I record most programs in SD to keep from maxing my 921 disk out, but I watch the live programs in HD. It would be "nice to have" the SD channels mapped so they would show up next to the HD channels - maybe using an "-A" instead of a "-1" as the OTA channels are shown.

sence you have a 921 you wont see LIL hd from dish... So you would never see what im seeing :).. You need a VIP series reciver.... 622,211,411 in order to recive this sence all HD LIL is in MPEG4 :)

Come April 1st I will be in line for a 622. I'm just trying to read and understand as much as I can before I make the move. I think I am still trying to sell myself that the upgrade fees and 18 month committment is worthwhile. So far I think it will be worth it.

KenSoren said:

The 622 gives you the option of having either HD, SD or no channels mapped down. Once you upgrade you will have the choice.

GoalieBob (and others), I cannot get this to work on my 622. I've set the HD Local priority in the Sat Locals screen, but only New York SD locals are showing up at 02-00, 04-00, 05-00 and 07-00. All these appear in HD in the 6300-6303 locations only. I even rebooted the box to make sure that wasn't a blocking factor. What else do I need to do get this working?

My 622 is running the L352 s/w and gets its locals from the 61.5 sat.

Naidu,
I'm having the same problem, and based on this other thread, it sounds like there is a bug in the software right now and HD local mapping isn't working in some or all areas right now... Not working in Boston, anyway.
(I even went so far as to read the 622's user manual to make sure I wasn't missing something!)

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=58312

JDR: Yes, I think this is being effected by the fact that we're both getting our HD Locals from the 61.5 sat (I'm in New Jersey). Everybody who has this working seems to be getting their HD Locals off the 129 sat (which is too low in the horizon for NorthEast and SouthEast regions). Not sure when is a good time to complain to E*. I'm afraid of running into CSRs who will erroneously insist that I need a Dish1000 to pull in the 129 Sat.

Naidu said:
GoalieBob (and others), I cannot get this to work on my 622. I've set the HD Local priority in the Sat Locals screen, but only New York SD locals are showing up at 02-00, 04-00, 05-00 and 07-00. All these appear in HD in the 6300-6303 locations only. I even rebooted the box to make sure that wasn't a blocking factor. What else do I need to do get this working?

My 622 is running the L352 s/w and gets its locals from the 61.5 sat.

There's nothing else you can do. except call Dish and ask for advanced tech support. They will walk you through all the same steps that you already did and still will not be able to get it working for you. Then ask them to write up a ticket to go to engineering to notify them of the problem. Maybe when enough of us complain and alert them of this problem, they will make it a priority and get it fixed in a software update.

that is intresting yes my lilhd comes off of 129.... im cant see how 61.5 would be affected with hd lil mapdown.. im thinking maybe its something at the uplink causing this... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)