HD LIL Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jimboeau

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
Western WI
Will LIL HD start only when Mpeg 4 is figured out and working (new encoders) or will they start offering Chicago, Boston and Minneapolis in fake Mpeg 4 really Mpeg 2 like the other new channels are offered?

It would be a shame if all the LIL HD had to wait until they get the new Mpeg 4 encoders up and working or worse yet need new chips in all the receivers.:eek:

Does anyone know when Washington DC will be available? I thought DC was in the top ten according to density. A couple of those cities that now have HD locals on Dish are nowhere near the size of DC. What gives??

garys said:
E* never said what order they were going to be added. Only two sets of lil HD are up. NY & LA (which do happen to be 1 & 2 on the list.)
As I remember, we were told the top 15 markets would be first and the other 35 to follow (total of 50 were programmed). I know that at least 3 of the recently uplinked cities rank lower than the top 15. So my question remains unanswered. When will DC, one of the top 15 markets, be offered as HD LIL through Dish Network?