hd lineup questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

voodooevil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2005
North Carolina, USA
Hello...

I am a current dish customer that is thinking about switching to directv.

Can anyone here provide me with some pros and cons to directv vs. dish?

and where can I find a list of HD programing that directv will have in the very near future? Dish has quite a few more.

Last question (for now) do all directv remotes have a 30 second forward skip button?

Thanks for helping me decide on making the switch...

JOE

Hello...

I am a current dish customer that is thinking about switching to directv.

Can anyone here provide me with some pros and cons to directv vs. dish?

and where can I find a list of HD programing that directv will have in the very near future? Dish has quite a few more.

Last question (for now) do all directv remotes have a 30 second forward skip button?

Thanks for helping me decide on making the switch...

JOE

Hello and :welcome to the site

I can help alittle bit,
Pro's and Cons ???
Currently D* is behind DISH in the HD game, but that WILL change before the end of theyear, starting in September.
This does not mean that DISH will not work a way to get more channels, I am sure they will.. remeber this is not a D* vs DISH issue, once one provider gets more of something, the other will follow ... or lead, depending on how you want to look at it.

D* is changing over to the MPEG4 format from mpeg2 (I think DISH has some mpeg 4 already, but not sure) the mpeg 4 format and the addl. satellites going into the air soon will allow D* to add many HD channels to the lineup.

For a list of channels that D* will be adding and or have agreements with, do a search (search is your friend) or look at a few of the threads flootng around, there are alot of them with this info already in them.
There are too many channels for me to list here.

IF you are a SPORTS fan, then D* wins, hands down, they have the NFL ST (available in HD) and the MLB package also in HD, those are two major advantages, IF your into Sports.

If your not into Sports, then the two companies are very simular, each one trying to do a bit better than the other for your programming dollar.

All of the current (white) D* remotes have the 30 sec skip button, but many here do not see it as the same as the TIVO units have... but over all I like it and use it regularally.

Gotta run ...

Jimbo

Last edited:
and jimbo you forgot to mention that the regional sports networks will be going conus this fall.....at least, that's what i recent read at directv's website.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts