HD Lite again...

gdarwin

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 9, 2005
Lousville, KY
Last night Smart Travels was on HDNet and EQUTR at the same time. I kept switching between both channels.

The HDNet feed was really crisp and all wide angle shots you could see every small detail. On the EQUTR feed it seemed washed out and not as sharp.

This discussion might have slowed down, but I can still tell the difference.

Yes, there is nothing wrong with your set and there is nothing wrong with your eyes...other than the wool being pulled over them. The difference between HD and HD-Lite is like the difference betweep Crisp and Crap. EquatorHD-Lite PQ is nothing more than a 1280x1080i crap sandwich...a excretion filled horror that will only leave the viewer with a bad taste in his or her mouth.:mad:

I can't believe I am looking back at the good old day of Equator when VOOM was uplinking EquatorHD at 1920x1080i using those Mosquito Noise laden Harmonic encoders.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• MosquitoNoiseHD.gif
    MosquitoNoiseHD.gif
    25.2 KB · Views: 241
In reality, Dish Network hasn't changed or done anything to the Voom channels. So we will continue to see HD Lite on all the Voom channels. Looks like HD Lite is here to stay.:(

sorta new to hd, i have an upgrade install scheduled for sunday for a vip211.

is this hd lite just on the voom channels? if not, what other channels is being down rezzed? tia

you would think that someone in the marketing department who is not doing HD Lite in the cable industry should take a look at this and have an advantage and put some pressure on E* and D*.

BrianB said:
Isn't their excuse that they need a better fiber conection to VOOM?
Let look at the facts...Cablevision was willing to invest 1.2 Billion dollars trying to market their VOOM DBS product, yet Rainbow Media doesn't [supposedly] have the money and/or clout to repair their fiber replay to Dish Network in support of their showcase VOOM HD Original product?

That's nonsense! When you say it out loud, to believe this statement is akin to believing in the tooth fairy and Pete Pan...and I'm not talking about the peanut butter.

If VOOM is truly the leading HD media provider then they should at least...well, they should at least provide their customer with some HD---any HD---if not the most and best quality HD! And if DishHD is truly the "HD Leader" as they so proudly claim to be, then they should be both furious and ashamed for having allowed the VOOM-Lite situation to continue...and continue...and continue.

Fix VOOM-Lite already!!!

VOOM is broadcasting/transmitting it to Dish at 1280x1080i. This is because Dish told them to use this format. VOOM has stated that their preference is to transmit it at 1920x1080, even though not all of their library is stored at 1920x1080. Some of it was created with cameras that had a maximum resolution of 1440x1080.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)