HD-Lite - Senators Have Been Contacted

Status
Please reply by conversation.
riffjim4069 said:
Er...the NAB fully support the FCCs mandated ATSC formats for HDTV (1920x1080i and 1280x720p). Some broadcasters may not allocated enough bandwidth due to excessive multicasting, but the NAB and their members are fully in compliance with the law and all legal state their broadcasts are in HD or HDTV. Are you saying the NAB is the reason why DBS providers like E* and D* can implement HD-Lite?

Sorry for the confusion.... I posted a few hours post-surgery with lots of pain killers in the blood and stated it badly.

You are right about the NAB. My point is that the businesses involved have much more $$$influence than consumers.

In this case, the NAB would like to force multi-cast HD even if most channels are infomercials; D* rightfully is fighting it, but currently part of their fight is demonstrating substandard resolution and blaming must-carry and multicast. One argument is that if they could eliminate a lot of shopping channels and tiny locals that few watch, the bsndwidth would be there for true HD and other products (interactive & internet).

I'm more concerned that Congress get our borders secure than worry about redefining the specs for HDTV. My guess is that they feel the same way about now...an election's coming up this fall!

Even border security is a farce. It's a scheme that allows big businesses to bring exploit migrant workers for sub-minimum wage, then send them back.

If they truly enforced border security, did away with "guest workers", and had to pay unskilled laborers minimum wage, then a single orange or grapefruit would cost the same as a gallon of gas. And how many are in favor of that?

No matter the issye, money talks and he who has the most talks the loudest and is the only voice heard.

Update

I received an email from the Colorado Attorney General stating that they will both investigate HD-Lite and the fact that DirecTV and EchoStar are selling channels such as HBO-HD, HDNet and VOOM as a premium, but not selling the true product which is advertised (I.E. - 1920 x 1080i Resolution). They thanked me for bringing this to them. Still no reply from the Senators, no surprise there.

~Josh

beatboy77 said:
I received an email from the Colorado Attorney General stating that they will both investigate HD-Lite and the fact that DirecTV and EchoStar are selling channels such as HBO-HD, HDNet and VOOM as a premium, but not selling the true product which is advertised (I.E. - 1920 x 1080i Resolution). They thanked me for bringing this to them. Still no reply from the Senators, no surprise there.

~Josh

Outside of Elliot Spitzer in NY, I would think this is the best Attorney General to have on board. Why? Because E*'s headquarters are in Colorado - and even though the Colorado Attny General can go after both, it brings much more pressure to bear on a Colorado based company.

If E* gets hits, D* will realize it has no choice but to get its house in order quickly.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)