HD-Lite???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tekone2k

Original poster
Jan 27, 2006
I currently have E* HD 921 Receiver and have been plagued with problems. I was a loyal D* cust. until 16 mos ago I got an HDTV and didn't like D*'s price on the 10-250. Anyway, I am confused about this HD-Lite. Am I to understand that I will never get true HD with the 10-250? Am I getting it with E* currently? Should I switch? Help!

I'm pretty sure all my OTA is 'full HD' on my HDtivo...but i'll let the experts confirm it. There are plenty of other threads on the lite subject here and on the dbs forum and tivo also

Here's they way I think it should happen ;)

Place two identical TVs next to each other, with the same channel, one with DirecTV's HD-LIte and the other Dish Network's un altered rez picture.

If this person honestly can't see the difference between the two, then I guess they pass as a candidate for receiving D*s HD-Lite. I myself would never go with D* knowing there's a better product out there

i'll say this. when i went back to cable for hd, i watched a major league baseball playoff game on espnhd and about lost my lunch because the picture was that much better on cable.

I've had HD for 2 weeks. All I had to do to compare was jump from Direct TV-HD to a local HD channel to notice the difference. Disappointing.

Has Direct TV run out of satellite space?

i've alternated between directv and cable. for a long while, directv was superior. even the first time i had hd with cable, it was worse than garbage. but in the past few years, i've seen directv go way down hill and my cable company improve greatly.

plus, i grew tired of inept, lying csr's at directv. if i have a cable problem, i call my friendly supervisor and its resolved asap. cable isn't perfect. but it will be a cold day in hell before i would go back to d*!!

iceturkee said:
plus, i grew tired of inept, lying csr's at directv. if i have a cable problem, i call my friendly supervisor and its resolved asap. cable isn't perfect. but it will be a cold day in hell before i would go back to d*!!

So you hang around this Forum for what purpose? :rolleyes:

iceturkee said:
i've alternated between directv and cable. for a long while, directv was superior. even the first time i had hd with cable, it was worse than garbage. but in the past few years, i've seen directv go way down hill and my cable company improve greatly.

oh i get it, you are such a special customer you have the supervisors private phone #. give me a break.

of course, in hindsight, you have probably called so often to resolve problems, the csrs know it is you and patch you straight through.

remember your cable co loves what few of you are left;)

Last edited:
tekone2k said:
I currently have E* HD 921 Receiver and have been plagued with problems. I was a loyal D* cust. until 16 mos ago I got an HDTV and didn't like D*'s price on the 10-250. Anyway, I am confused about this HD-Lite. Am I to understand that I will never get true HD with the 10-250? Am I getting it with E* currently? Should I switch? Help!

From what I understand, D* won't be full HD until Q3/4 2007.

I made the switch from E* (811) to D*s H20 2 weeks ago for local HD (I can't get OTA). The difference in HD quality was astounding. I cancelled D* two days ago and ate about $280.

Thankfully, something told me a few weeks back to keep E* active, just in case. It took a afew hours to get everything back up and running.

Losing D*s programming, XM and some other stuff sucks, but after watching War of the Worlds in HD today on Dish just affirmed how bad D*s HD is. I wouldn't recommend switching unless you see the HD for yourself on a TV similar to what you have.

On directv, the few times i watch SHOHD i see white sparklies. I haven't seen those since the day of my C band dish.

Being retired military, I'm used to "hurry up and wait". Both D* and E* are going thru alot of changes to provide their subs with the best they can offer, and IMO some of it is coming too soon just to beat the other guy! I have posted I was thinking of switching to Fios cause I might not be able to mount D*s AT9 where my 3lnb is cause of weight, size, wind etc, and along comes the SlimLine 2nd gen KA/KU dish which may solve my mounting issues. D* is always pretty closed mouth about whats gonna happen till it happens when it comes to programing ie: TNTHD for example. Ok, I admit. its HD lite, but its better than SD!! My gut feeling is, in the long run, after the sats are on line, Mpeg 4 swap, bugs worked out of DVR's, programing, etc, D* will have the better option of service, programing, pq and equipment. Most of you guys want everything yesterday, and even in a perfect world, it ain't happening, so get over it!! And if I still have a mounting issue with my D* dish, I'm sure Dragon002 will be willing to come down from ROETHLISBURG to GIBBSVILLE to help me out!!---Ray

Last edited:
raymo,

i have a cousin in bowie and a good friend in silver springs. in the summer im in friendsville , oakland and deep creek at least 5X per month, we COULD work it in.

preardon said:
Has Direct TV run out of satellite space?

Not exactly. DirecTV has plenty of satellies up in working order, but they have only so many transponder licenses they can broadcast from on the Ku band. That's why they launching 4 new satellites that will utilize the Ka band. With these satellites DirecTV says they can offer 150 nation and 1,500 local hd channels.

dragon002 said:
oh i get it, you are such a special customer you have the supervisors private phone #. give me a break.

of course, in hindsight, you have probably called so often to resolve problems, the csrs know it is you and patch you straight through.

remember your cable co loves what few of you are left;)

Oh I get it, Your mission is to attack everyone that has seen D* and isnt blind.

vurbano said:
Oh I get it, Your mission is to attack everyone that has seen D* and isnt blind.

and your mission is to attack everyone that has directv and likes it and thinks you are blind.

Satmeister said:
Uh huh....Deja vu all over again....:rolleyes:

uh, satmiester,

he just responded to a post that was none of his business and was 3 freakin days old. so why not ask him about starting cr*p??:rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts