HD local stations

cableghost

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 29, 2005
I just started Dish network service w/ local channels and basic dual receivers.

1. I have a HD-ready Samsung DLP TV and looking into HD receivers/tuners...what should I look for so that it will show HD stations from my dish and HD local stations?

2. I would like HD local stations...I already have a very good antenna in the atic. How do I pick up the stations in HD?

Thanks, Scott.

you should have told dishnetwork you wanted hd they would have given you a hd tuner which u need. all u had to do was tell the installer that you had an antenna that you wanted hooked up and bam it should tune into your local hd stations.

If you want to subscribe to Dish's HD or HD and Voom, plus get the local HD's, you need at least a Dish 811, or the 942 HD PVR. Dish will give you (lend you it as long as you subscribe) the receiver as long as you subscribe. These take in the local antenna feed and bring them in seemlessly. For instance, the local on dish PBS comes in at 044-0 (analog local), and the OTA digitals come in next at 044-1, 044-2, 044-3 and 044-4. And the local at 044-0 can be OTA or from dish, your choice in the setup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)