HD locals, 61.5 and 'moving'

tigershere

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Hi
I just looked at the chart on where the HD channels are and my brother lives in Nashville so I was considering , uh, moving there.
Then I saw it's on 129 so hardware would have to come first.

I would rather get NY HD channels off of 61.5 but not sure how I would pull that off.

A Hardware change worth it and 'move' tomy brothers or are there other options?

thx

Tell them you need to change your service address, and use one in New York. Leave your billing address where you are now. Assuming you already have 61.5 in your current setup, then that's all you'd need to do.

Thanks, now to find a realistic address and not blow the call!
I did want to get a 1000.2 as i can't get the HD sports channels but i have held off on that. I would want the 4 bird setup so i keep 61.5

Thanks and I know a lot of users have changed service addys but it still feels odd trying this or just doing it.

Thx again

Thanks, now to find a realistic address and not blow the call!
I did want to get a 1000.2 as i can't get the HD sports channels but i have held off on that. I would want the 4 bird setup so i keep 61.5

Thanks and I know a lot of users have changed service addys but it still feels odd trying this or just doing it.

Thx again

That is my issue as well. Do the CSRs ever give you a hard time? What happens if they find out your service address is not where you say it is?

They (CSRs) really don't care, many people here move several times a year to see various local sports teams...

If I "move" is there a problem with the phone line hooked up to the receiver not being from the same city? Thanks

When I moved earlier this week, they didn't ask me why. But I did have to make doubly sure they kept the billing address the same as my real address, because initially they changed both, even though I specified service address at the beginning of the call. I also had to ask the CSR to activate my new locals. It all went smoothly. They didn't even ask me if I wanted to change my phone number.

When I came up with a new address, I found the address of a park in the city, then changed the number slightly, then added an apartment number. Make sure you check the new address against the Dish web site to make sure it qualifies for locals.

I "moved" to NYC where my parents live. No complications, changed everything to there and then went to paperless billing. I guess for some reason I cant get the spanish and LI channels, but they're garbage, so I just locked them out. Best part is, I can still get ABC, CBS and FOX 9 but not NBC) via the OTA, so I dont miss out on local news.

If I have a receiver from my brother's account, can I get my locals and his? (on seperate tvs, and with the correct satellites of course )
You can,but, that they check on. That is splitting an account, which is stealing. When you move, your paying for your service just getting HD local's. It may still be illegal, but they are getting paid. I know one guy who moved and happened to move to an area with no sales tax. He's never comming home

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)