HD Locals Added in Hartford, Portland (Me.)

flyingsquirrel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2007
DISH Network Expands Local High Definition Markets

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., May 8, 2008 (PrimeNewswire via COMTEX News Network) -- DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq:DISH), the nation's third largest pay-TV provider and the digital transition leader, today announced the addition of two high definition (HD) local markets in Hartford & New Haven, Conn. and Portland - Auburn, Maine.

In January, DISH Network(r) announced plans to enhance its HD programming line-up throughout 2008. DISH Network continues its commitment to reach the year-end goal of 100 local HD markets and 100 national HD channels and now offers HD locals in 57 markets, reaching more than 66 percent of U.S. TV households.

In order to view HD programming, DISH Network customers can upgrade to a dishHD receiver like the award-winning ViP722(tm). The ViP722 is a dual-tuner HD DVR that operates two televisions in separate rooms, one in HD and one in standard definition. The ViP722 can record up to 55 hours of HD and up to 350 hours of standard definition and allows customers to pause, rewind and fast forward their favorite TV programming.

Qualified new DISH Network customers who sign up with a 24-month commitment will receive three months of free programming (a $120 value), a free dishDVR and free installation (a $49.99 value).

We got ABC, CBS, and NBC HD only with the Maine locals. Bummer because Fox doesn't broadcast over the air. Hope we get Fox before football season.:)

We got ABC, CBS, and NBC HD only with the Maine locals. Bummer because Fox doesn't broadcast over the air. Hope we get Fox before football season.:)

Same here. The only reason I was really waiting for HD locals was for football season. Fox reception for NFL games really suck in Maine. Since the locals for Portland, ME should be all locals (including Fox), I wonder why Fox wasn't included. Maybe they don't broadcast in HD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)