HD Locals in Buffalo?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

roxydog1

Original poster
Aug 22, 2006
Hello,

Can someone wise and informed please help out an HD newbie (and a newbie to the buffalo area) and tell me when the buffalo market will be likely to get the main networks in HD? Thank you!

I posted some info on this in the HD section last week. I was told by a local dealer at the fair that we should have our HD locals by the end of December or January.

Roxydog, her is the next upcomming markets
Here's a list of upcoming market launches:

August
Grand Rapids, Memphis, Portland OR, San Antonio

September
Austin, Cincinnati, Las Vegas, Providence, Reno

October
Green Bay, Greensboro, Madison, Portland ME

Buffalo will definitely get Local HD, the timeframe however, is not clear. Like Gator said I would assume end of the year or early next year

Ok, thank you both for taking the time to post.

Would you say that Dec/Jan would be optimistic or realistic?

Thanks!

On my thread in the HD section Charper1 said that with Buffalo being a 2 major sport city that he would expect us to be in the last group for 2006. So it seems to be realistic.

And it should be mentioned I have no inside info, that was just a best speculation. Here is the latest list from DirecTV, so if Buffalo is coming this year it would be in groups after October. You might have better luck finding info over in the DirecTV HD areas.

August

September

October

Last edited:
charper1 said:
And it should be mentioned I have no inside info, that was just a best speculation. Here is the latest list from DirecTV, so if Buffalo is coming this year it would be in groups after October. You might have better luck finding info over in the DirecTV HD areas.

August

September

October

Didn't mean to imply you had any insider info. Sorry if it sounded that way. It just sounded logical combined with what I was told by the local dealer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts