HD Locals List

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Has or does anyone know if Dish has a list of when cities HD Locals will go live for this year. Like something that shows what cities will be added by month to month bases.

Poke said:
Has or does anyone know if Dish has a list of when cities HD Locals will go live for this year. Like something that shows what cities will be added by month to month bases.

I think it was posted in one of the threads that came out soon after CES started last month. It was a list of 50 DMAs and they wern't all in the top 50 by ranking number because Burlington Vt was included and it's number # 90.

Does that list comprise all the HD local markets they ever intend to offer, or will more be available next year or sometime?

When they throw cleveland up I wonder if it will be on 61.5 or 129, cause I would HATE to have to get a dish 1000 just to get my locals in HIgh Def, I just got the 61.5 in around aug, its not even a year old!

stuart628 said:
When they throw cleveland up I wonder if it will be on 61.5 or 129, cause I would HATE to have to get a dish 1000 just to get my locals in HIgh Def, I just got the 61.5 in around aug, its not even a year old!

Just swing the 61.5 over to 129.

BobaBird said:
See http://ekb.dbstalk.com/hdlocal.htm. No time frame was mentioned for any market other than the first 5 or 6 (by the March 13 Charlie Chat). About 5 of the possible future markets will become available each month after that.

I know Marc Lumpkin told me they are currently negoiating with several afilliates from that group of 50 they announced.

I'm guessing that the order in which DMAs follow the initial launch will depend more on how the negoiations go and how many potential customers there are in the area.

BobaBird said:
Those are all that have been announced so far.

Yes, I understood that, but I was hoping someone would know whether the implication was "these are the 50 markets we're going to carry first" vs. "these are the the only 50 markets we're going to carry".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)