HD Locals Listed, not coming in??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
When you look at the Check Switch table, Port 1 should be the 119, Port 2, the 110, and Port 3, the 129. If Port 1 and Port 3 show 110 and 119, the dish is misaligned. You would be receiving 119 through the leftmost LNB .

That's interesting.... using the skew I would have thought the highest satellite (110) would be on the uppermost LNB (port 1). My current configuration is the Dish 1000.2 running directly to the VIP211 without the DPP44 switch. The single cable running to the dish is connected to connection 1 on the antenna which is the uppermost LNB. This was the configuration I had the antenna in when I quit yesterday.

In this configuration the check switch screen shows Port 1 as 110 , Port 2 as "conn" and Port 3 as 119. Evidently I'm misaligned. I'll try it again tonight.

Anyone with a dish pointed at 61.5 should use it for 129, this will give better signal than a 1000.2 and can be moved back if no LOC for 129 at location of 110/119 dish

The zip is 32905 Palm Bay, FL
The TV DMA for Palm Bay is Orlando which is uniquely a 61.5W market. 129W would not serve your needs.

The usual reason for an aiming failure is using bad pointing parameters. The most likely culprit is the elevation.

The generic numbers for your zip code (Palm Bay Rd at Troutman Blvd.) according to dishpointer.com are:

Az: 245.3 magnetic El: 36.8 Skew: 139.4.

Understand that everything is reversed by the reflector. The easternmost LNB picks up the westernmost satellite and the "highest" LNB picks up the "lowest" satellite.

The parameters take all the guesswork, speculation and faulty reasoning out of the picture. I've found that the parameters from the receiver tables generally point too low and don't have the current magnetic declination factors figured in.

Self-installing is over-rated. DISH will typically demand a professional installation when moving from SD to HD and your attempted installation would be summarily rejected because it doesn't provide access to your HD locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)