HD Locals - Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TheBigEasy

Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
First off...hello and thanks for all the help. My first post but I have always been able to find the answers here so I didn't need to ask questions until today...

I live in Pittsburgh and my HD locals seem to go out all the time now. One day they will work and some days it is "searching for signal". I heard this was a Directv problem (mpeg4) but is anyone else having this same issue? This is starting to drive me nuts.

Thanks

BTW - i have had HD locals for the past 8 months with no hiccup. This just started recently.

Well I can say mine in PHX and buds in MEM and DFW are are working A-OK. Have you any friends or neighbors in your town with it? Maybe a bad LNB or cable rearing its head?

It could be many things, from the initial setup being a lttle off, to a loose connection somewhere, or a bad lnb. Do you have a pole mount? If so, check to make sure the dish is properly tightened. Also, check all of your connections. Are there any nicks in the cable? Good luck!

A poor dish aligment is the most likely problem. Phoenix HD locals are on sat 103, what signal strengths do you have on 103? And which receiver/DVR do you have?

You should have a 90+ signal on whatever transponder your HD locals are coming in on. So check both 99 and 103 sats for that.

Ok...thanks again. If it is a dish alignment issue, what do I need to adjust to just tune in the HD locals? I know this dish is a lot more complicated and I don't want to mess up the other channels.

A poor dish aligment is the most likely problem. Phoenix HD locals are on sat 103, what signal strengths do you have on 103? And which receiver/DVR do you have?

103 and 99 have 0 for signal strength. I read somewhere with my reciever that this is a glitch so it won't show the true strength...is this true?

I have an H20-600 reciever.

Thanks

103 and 99 have 0 for signal strength. I read somewhere with my reciever that this is a glitch so it won't show the true strength...is this true?

I have an H20-600 reciever.

Thanks

You won't show anything on 99 even though it is there, but you should show signal on 103.

I also found out that my type of receiver has a bug where I can't get a signal on 99. Now what?

It will not show a signal on 99, but it picks it up. Don't worry if you get the channels, that's all that matters.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)