Hd Locals Through Cable?

LG3100A vs. LG3510A

1-Remember, if you're going to buy one, buy the cheaper 3100A model. The 3510 model has a built in DVD player so that's why it's more expensive.

2-If you live in a market where Comcast offers the HD locals, most likely all you need is subscribe to limited basic (usually, around $10 plus tax). THat's it. You don't have to pay extra for the "HD" version of the locals, as in most Comcast markets the company includes all the HD locals within the limited basic lineup.

3-I may be wrong on this one but (based on a conversation I had a few weeks ago with a comcast csr) if you rent the Comcast Digital cable/HD box, you may have to pay extra (around $7-$10) for what they call the "HD package," which usually includes all the HD locals plus ESPN HD and InDHD 1 and 2.

4-The reason I wanted to get the 3100A box, quite frankly, is because I did not want to rent the Comcast box, plus pay for the "HD package" fee. Also, I love gadgets, have a gift certificate, and the box looks pretty cool.

5-Both the 3100A and the 3510A have an "RF out" (pass through) output which I believe will enable you to hook it up directly into your TV RF input so you can view the rest of whatever analog channels you get in the limited basic lineup besides the HD locals. (In my lineup, this includes BET, QVC, Telemundo, TBS, and other crappy channels).

Martin-

Pic of 3510A

For those interested, here' a pic of the box containing the 3150A LG HDTV box.

Attachments

• LG HD STB.jpg
    LG HD STB.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 69
  • IM003899.JPG
    IM003899.JPG
    295.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IM003898.JPG
    IM003898.JPG
    333.1 KB · Views: 76
CraziFuzzy said:
The problem with comcast is that they have acquired so many different markets in the last few years, AT&T Broadband for me, and have simply adapterd the existing systems to their programming, different areas operate very differently. My area does not broadcast the 8VSB signals over the cable, and the remodulated QAM signals were so corrupted that it was unwatchable. This was the primary reason i switched to Voom. I couldn't watch the locals over Comcast, and even the premium HD channels were pretty badly corrupted. I still have comcast running to the house, but it is only for internet.
Same thing in my area. I guess we're victims of the AT&T legacy :no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts