HD Locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bigdawg4

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
south georgia
I live in south ga (pearson) and get the Atlanta locals in SD. I was wondering if there is anyway to get them in HD. I want these locals because of peachtree tv so I can watch the braves. I know this isnt quote "right" but any ideas, suggestions and tips is appreciated. Thanks

How do you get Atlanta locals in Pearson? You are WaY out of the Atlanta range. Shouldn't you be receiving them out of Macon or Savannah?

It is like Garys said. If you get the sd Atlanta locals, you are eligible for the hd Atl locals. What sats are you pointing at? Do you have an hd package already?

I have a vip722, sats are 110, 119 and 129. When you click on the HD channel it says it will be avalaible shortly but never does. The SD channels work fine. Would I have to get another sat put up at 61.5 or is it that the beam does not come down far enough and just SOL? Thanks

I have a vip722, sats are 110, 119 and 129. When you click on the HD channel it says it will be avalaible shortly but never does. The SD channels work fine. Would I have to get another sat put up at 61.5 or is it that the beam does not come down far enough and just SOL? Thanks

For 61.5 you would need a D300 or D500 with either a single or dual lnb pointed at 61.5. That would then be cabled to your 1000.2's LNB IN port. Try to find someone in your area with a 61.5 dish, either a single dish pointed SE at 61.5 or a 1000.4 eastern arc dish. Ask them to check the signal strength on T15 on 61.5 which is what the ATL HD locals are on. If there is a good signal strength, you could then consider putting up a 61.5 wing dish. Or find an old dish that someone is throwing out or at a garage sale and try it yourself. The message you are getting is autogenerated by the receiver because it isn't receiving the signal.

dishuser.net doesn't mention whether the 129W spotbeam is being used or if it is still CONUS, rather that they are going to add a 61.5W spotbeam next month for Atlanta.

Once spotbeams are implemented, the OP will need to look to Albany for HD LIL.

Huh? The spotbeam is in use at 129 as there are no CONUS locals on 129 anymore and haven't been for a while. Atlanta has been on spotbeam on 61.5 for quite some time.

For 61.5 you would need a D300 or D500 with either a single or dual lnb pointed at 61.5. That would then be cabled to your 1000.2's LNB IN port. Try to find someone in your area with a 61.5 dish, either a single dish pointed SE at 61.5 or a 1000.4 eastern arc dish. Ask them to check the signal strength on T15 on 61.5 which is what the ATL HD locals are on. If there is a good signal strength, you could then consider putting up a 61.5 wing dish. Or find an old dish that someone is throwing out or at a garage sale and try it yourself. The message you are getting is autogenerated by the receiver because it isn't receiving the signal.

I would suggest another DMA for the user but I see he wants Atlanta.

For 129 you'll need somewhere in the neighborhood of a 2.5 meter dish to get that spotbeam and that still isn't a guarantee. The 61.5 beam would probably be easier to get but I would recommend the largest dish you can put up for it as you'll be on fringe for that beam too.

Pearson is served out of Albany, GA; a 129W market. Only the NBC and Fox affiliates are available in HD at this time. OTA would be quite a reach.

I lived in Albany, GA back in the early 1990s and had a production crew job at the NBC affiliate there (WALB-TV). The NBC and FOX affiliates were the only major network TV stations in town. The ABC and CBS affiliates were located elsewhere (Valdosta, Columbus, Tallahasse). At least in the case of the CBS affiliate in Valdosta -which is a semi-satellite station of one in Tallahasse, E* should be able to pick up that one in HD. I'm not sure what they would do about ABC coverage since that would have to come from Columbus, Tallahasse or even possibly Macon (if Macon has a ABC affiliate).

dishuser.net doesn't mention whether the 129W spotbeam is being used or if it is still CONUS, rather that they are going to add a 61.5W spotbeam next month for Atlanta.

Huh? The spotbeam is in use at 129 as there are no CONUS locals on 129 anymore and haven't been for a while. Atlanta has been on spotbeam on 61.5 for quite some time.
The EKB: Dish HD Locals page is a bit outdated at the moment, but the Atlanta entry is correct, 61.5° on spot beam since 7/9, and an explanation at the top that all 129° markets are on spot beams. harshness, which specific page on dishuser.org has the old info?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts