HD "movers" beware

Status
Please reply by conversation.
newsposter said:
even if mpeg4 dvr comes out today, how long do you think it will take to upgrade dishes? So Fall is no way gonna happen. They would have existing subs to replace PLUS all the new people signing up. Receivers can be mailed out but no way will directv be permitting self install dishes..mark my words on that one!

If all west coast DNS users had MPEG4 receivers, D* could convert the LA DNS channels to MPEG4, and free up enough KU bandwidth for 2 conus HD MPEG2 channels. MPEG4 is not limited to the KA sats, just MPEG4 receivers. Also, latest word on the MPEG4 DVR is September.

They're probably trying to make sure the MPEG4 DVR actually works. The H20 MPEG4 receivers were released too early, without enough testing, and were full of bugs.

f300v10 said:
If all west coast DNS users had MPEG4 receivers, D* could convert the LA DNS channels to MPEG4, and free up enough KU bandwidth for 2 conus HD MPEG2 channels.

Why wouldn't it be FOUR conus HD MPEG2 channels, since there ARE four west DNS channels??? :confused: ;)

arxaw said:
They're probably trying to make sure the MPEG4 DVR actually works. The H20 MPEG4 receivers were released too early, without enough testing, and were full of bugs.
Yeah, combine the early releases of both the H20 and R15, add up the bugs and if the new HR20 has half that many bugs, D* will be in trouble.

Has anyone actual received one of the H20's in the mail to confirm that this information is correct?

If not, when are these things supposed to be mailed and to whom?

I've been curious of this myself - I am in MST, and have HD DNS from LA (FOX) since I am in PHX.

I would call them if the receiver never shows up.

D* would have to install a 5LNB dish and turn on your local CBS-HD channel (if not already) before they will turn off your "waiver" feed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)