Hd Movies In Demand

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

edtorious

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
San Diego, CA
I don't know if this was talked about before but I hope that voom will consider having HD movies in demand, you know, a channel where they'll have a library of movies and then you can choose any movie you like and then watch it and you can rewind, pause or forward the movie? (not DVR). They have this on my cable before but they're not in HD. So anyway, just a suggestion.

Yes, they are planning to support VOD functionality with their DVR.

VOD the ultimate waste of bandwidth. I hope they dont do it. Order it PPV and record in on your DVR when it comes out and play it when you want it but dont waste bandwidth on this.

vurbano said:
VOD the ultimate waste of bandwidth. I hope they dont do it. Order it PPV and record in on your DVR when it comes out and play it when you want it but dont waste bandwidth on this.
They certainly cannot do it the way cable companies do it, i.e. stream it on demand to each user. What satellite companies (not just VOOM) are going to do instead, is to pre-load select movies and popular programs to the unused space in the DVR and make them available "On demand". Basically what you, vurbano, suggested, but in the opposite order: push-record it first, and then purchase/request... No much bandwidth wasted! ;)

I have that now, I pick out a DVHS tape, plop it in my JVC 30K DVHS HD tape deck and hit Play, HD VOD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)