HD/No HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jammy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Beaumont, TX
Excuse me if this has already been discussed here 'ad nauseum', but what is the deal when you are watching 16:9 HD, then there is a commercial break and when the show returns, there are sidebars, thus no 16:9?

Does someone just forget to throw a switch somewhere? Is there no-one monitoring the show to make sure the broadcast is as it should be?

Thanks.

That happens on some of my local stations sometimes, (It happened on George Lopez the other night) I believe the stations have switches that are supposed to detect the signal and automatically switch between sd and hd, my guess is, sometimes the equipment fails.

yeah that happens to me on my local ABC a lot, specially at the beginning of the show

Same thing happens on the Memphis NBC (WMC) station occasionally... a lot of times you can get real-time feedback from AVSforum.org if there's a thread for your city

hdtvtechno said:
Good Idea is to allways have your Local TV station's Affilate Engineering Dept telephone number programed into speed dial :D

Thats a good idea,
Except that there are no people answering phones to the engeneering rooms in the evenings (prime time) generally.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Thats a good idea,
Except that there are no people answering phones to the engeneering rooms in the evenings (prime time) generally.

Jimbo

Then call the newsroom and ask to be connected with engineering. That usually works.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)