HD only

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skierrob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
*rant on*

So... why does Dish Network not consider the $29.95 HD only programming to be basic qualifying programming, when they consider the cheaper $19 Family package to be qualified programming?

I want to rent a VIP622, but don't want to get all the SD channels that I don't care about and would never watch. There finally is enough HD programming to make it worth getting just a HD package, and now in order to watch it I have to buy a receiver for $500 and then pay another $99 for someone to install that receiver and additional dish?

*rant off*

Ok... I feel better now. :)

Robert

I agree! Dish needs an HD ONLY Package!!!!

Sing on boy!! I agree, Dish needs to offer just the HD package by it's self again!! I do not care about the SD channels at all. I have the LIL in HD! and just wanted the HD package, they said no! They wanted me to pay $49 for a bundled package! Want a rip!

Sooner or later both Dish and DTV will have to offer just an HD package as they get more HD channels. Down the road you will be an HD sub or an SD sub. Some people may carry both, but not me!

Off the soap box for now!

skierrob said:
*rant on*

So... why does Dish Network not consider the $29.95 HD only programming to be basic qualifying programming, when they consider the cheaper $19 Family package to be qualified programming?

I want to rent a VIP622, but don't want to get all the SD channels that I don't care about and would never watch. There finally is enough HD programming to make it worth getting just a HD package, and now in order to watch it I have to buy a receiver for $500 and then pay another $99 for someone to install that receiver and additional dish?

*rant off*

Ok... I feel better now. :)

Robert

They know that HD subs have the highest monthly bills, so why offer them a cheap alternative? I'd guess that overall HD is a loss leader, and they make it up with requiring either the access fee or at least AT60 SD package. If I could pay 30 instead of 50 or so, you bet I'd jump on it! They would rather me spend the 50, of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts