Hd Ota

cableghost

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 29, 2005
I purchased a RadioShack rotar internal antenna to test sdtv local channels reception before I went and purchased a HD tuner for my system, and...

The reception is horrible. My question...will reception of hd local channels be any different than what I'm presently experiencing w/ sdtv? I mean, will hd local channels come in clearly where those same stations, in sdtv, will not?

cableghost said:
I purchased a RadioShack rotar internal antenna to test sdtv local channels reception before I went and purchased a HD tuner for my system, and...

The reception is horrible. My question...will reception of hd local channels be any different than what I'm presently experiencing w/ sdtv? I mean, will hd local channels come in clearly where those same stations, in sdtv, will not?

are you really looking at sdtv or analog?

I have an OTA USDTV tuner and get both HD and Digital stations in using an antenna from Lowes. It is a rather large outdoor antenna, but I also live 20+ miles from Rockford and 80+ from Chicago, so I need a big antenna. Someday I may replace it with a Wineguard instead. WIneguard has the best OTA antennas for both analog and digital OTA. They may even have an indoor unit if that is the only thing you can use.

cableghost said:

You don't say where you are but almost all the DTV broadcasts are UHF. So you may want to see how well you can pull in the strongest UHF channels.

Some people have better results with UHF DTV than VHF analog indoors. But some DTV stations are not at full power in many areas.

The best indoor antenna for DTV/HDTV in my experience is the "Silver Sensor," a high-gain directional indoor UHF antenna sold under the Zenith and Philips/Magnavox brand names as the #HDTV1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)