HD Package Channels Not Working?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wassct

Original poster
Apr 5, 2006
For some reason my HD channels are not coming in. It's just the channels in the HD package (channels in the 70's), I don't receive the HD locals and I have a 3LNB dish. They were working yesterday but now it says "searching for satellite signal". All of my other channels are working fine including my SD locals. I called Directv and they supposedly uploaded information to my Hughes box. They said it may take a few hours to receive the signal again and to just let the box sit for a while. Is this true or they just didn't know how to fix it? I asked what would have caused it and they said something could have flown between my dish and the satellite. I figured I would check on hear since you folks know what you are talking about.

Thanks!

Sounds like BS to me - if the IRD wasn't authorized, it would say you weren't subscribed - not searching for signal.

If they can turn on an IRD while you are on the phone, it should not take several hours for entitlements to be received.

I would call it your local equipment issues-however either you or someone else posted the exact same thing over on AVSForum in the last 24 hours.

It wasn't me who posted on AVS forums. There are no trees anywhere near my dish and never had a problem before. I'll check in the morning and see if it's working.......

I guess the tech was full of crap, still not working. Is there a way I can test if it's a bad LNB?

The only way I know how is to a) take your receiver to another known working setup and see if they come in or b) add a known working dish or LNB to your setup and see if that cures your issues.

I did also think maybe a bad RG6 or connector, but I am not sure, just trying to toss out ideas to help spur thought.

Sounds like BS to me - if the IRD wasn't authorized, it would say you weren't subscribed - not searching for signal.

If they can turn on an IRD while you are on the phone, it should not take several hours for entitlements to be received.

I would call it your local equipment issues-however either you or someone else posted the exact same thing over on AVSForum in the last 24 hours.

IF you have a different receiver on your account, you could swap it out and that would tell you as well.

You didn't mention if you had any others, so I thought I'd mention it.

Jimbo

I do have to ask: if he has a bad LNB how does swapping a receiver out work to test the bad LNB?

That will test the bad RG6 and/or connector/or outlet however.

For a few bucks I always recommend people keep a duplicate multi-switch (if they use one) and a duplicate LNB on-hand.

Scheduled an appointment for next week, the tech though it was probably a bad LNB. We'll see......

I do have to ask: if he has a bad LNB how does swapping a receiver out work to test the bad LNB?

That will test the bad RG6 and/or connector/or outlet however.

For a few bucks I always recommend people keep a duplicate multi-switch (if they use one) and a duplicate LNB on-hand.

If he has a different reciever and does get these channels, it will tell him that it's a recevier, not an LNB.

But I am leaning your way about a bad LNB, also could be a multiswitch going bad, but he didn't mention if he had one or not.

I think I was still half asleep when I posted that other post.

Jimbo

Here is what it says on each channel:

Channel 490 - Test 1 Sat A (101) Odd Txp 13V
Channel 491 - Test 2 Sat A (101) Odd Txp 18V
Channel 492 - Test 3 Sat B (119) Odd Txp 13V
Channel 493 - Searching for Satellite Signal. Please Standby
Channel 494 - Searching for Satellite Signal. Please Standby

491 should be Test 2 Sat A (101) Even 18v (not odd as reported)

493 should be Test 4 SAT B (119) Even 18v

494 should be Test 5 SAT C (110) Even 18v

I remember you saying you have a PhaseIII dish, but do you have an additional multi-switch in your system or not?

loss of channels

I recently had no signals from the B and C satellites. It drove me crazy trying to figure out what was going on. Well running a new piece of RG6 test wire was the answer.The PQ was then great.
Giving this a try may save you lots of grief.

Yep, he should have tested that already as it was mentioned already in the 1st page of info.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)