HD PPV Going Away?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gator5000e

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 16, 2004
Orlando, Florida
I noticed that on channel 99, the last movie for a while will be shown on Saturday at 2:30pm. After that CD USA will be shown on that channel. They finally get a first run movie, The Island, and the movies are going away. Anyone know if D* will start HD PPV on another channel when channel 99 goes to CD USA?

Gator5000e said:
I noticed that on channel 99, the last movie for a while will be shown on Saturday at 2:30pm. After that CD USA will be shown on that channel. They finally get a first run movie, The Island, and the movies are going away. Anyone know if D* will start HD PPV on another channel when channel 99 goes to CD USA?
Where are you getting your info from?? My guide lists CD USA on channel 101
as a "freeview" Channel 99 shows normal PPP movies......anyway CD USA is
only a WEEKLY show of 1 hour in length...why would they need to vacate all
other time slots?
EDIT: I checked my Tivo and it doe's list CDUSA every hour in H/D from 6PM Sat. Jan.21st till 6AM Tue. at
which time regular H/D PPP movies return. I guess this is what the "available in H/D advertising is all
about. At any rate it is probably just some "push" to show off the new product, and I don't think the
PPP movies will be going away on this channel.

Last edited:
Moonman, I used the TiVo guide option and not the D* guide and as far as I could get with the TiVo guide, it only showed CD USA. Hopefully, if and when they return, we may get some first run movies. The Island was just listed today. At least it's a recent release and it should look great in HD!!

Just curious, how many people actually rent any of those Pay Per View movies? I have never had anyone I know, who has D*, telling me they rented any. I have had D* for about 5 years now and have yet to rent my first one. I have even had freebies, that D* has sent me for movies, and I have never used them.

I have rented several HD ppv movies. I rent and store on HD Tivo to show off what the system can do to friends. You really should try it, looks fabulous!

Mike

mike6097 said:
I have rented several HD ppv movies. I rent and store on HD Tivo to show off what the system can do to friends. You really should try it, looks fabulous!

Mike

I just could never see paying for a PPV movie, that I can wait a few weeks and see on HBO, Showtime, or Starz, services that I am already paying for. Those movies are usually available in HD on HBO or Showtime, when they premiere. I like movies but I guess I am not a big movie junkie, like many others.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts