Hd Pq

Status
Please reply by conversation.

paulyme

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2004
New Jersey
I'm hoping that the graininess of most of my HD channels (ABC HDNet look good) will be improved if I get better cables. For video, I currently have DVI cable between my Mitsu 48" HD TV and my Hughes HD box. Is there a higher quality DVI cable, or would I get better PQ with high quality component cables? I get great pq from my DVD that is connected with component cables. Or is grainy pq a D* issue?

Anyway I appreciate any suggestions

Thanks Paulyme
:usa

Go Eagles ! :D

I think the graininess you see is from shows shot on film. I've noticed that on dramas and comedies sometimes have a grainy look. Live sports that are in HD don't have the graininess.

Chris

1) DVI is better quality than component, because DVI is digital and component is analog, although most of us, I think, admit that we can't really see the difference.

2) If you are getting a clear picture, a 'better' DVI cable will not help, again because DVI is digital. High-end component cables are better than just 'good' component cables; 'high-end' DVI cables are pretty much a waste of money.

The thing is, because the signal is digital, if you are getting a picture with DVI and there is no 'blockiness' or picture breakups (the signs that digital video signals are not making it to the TV), the picture is already at its best, because it's just digital, ones and zeros, and can't get any better. With DVI, a bad signal would never look like 'graininess'.

Avoid expensive DVI cables, especially if the one you have already works.

Hope that helps,
--Dino

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)