HD programming

rdagw

Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
greenville,pa.
I want to get hd on 4 tv`s but I don`t want a hopper because we don`t record anything & they charge $12.00 for it extra. So next step is 4 receivers = 7.00 per receiver. The system I have now [322] receiver does 2 tv`s Do they have a receiver that will get hd on 2 tv`s on different channels? What other way can I go?

AFAIK, No. Only the Hopper can output HD to more than 1 tv. If you have never used a dvr, once you do, you will never want to go back. Even if you don't record, (I bet you will) the ability to pause a recording while you go to the john or answer a phone call will sell you on a dvr. We have had many people who came to the forum with the same thoughts as you. We talked them into a dvr and they thanked us for talking them into it. How many times has there been more than 1 show on at the same time that you want to watch. Or when your away or late at night after you've gone to bed. Did you ever use a vcr to time shift?
In our household there is just the wife and myself. But we have 2 Hoppers with sling and 3 Joey's. Only 1 of the joey's gets little use.

If not getting the Hopper, you will need an HD receiver for each TV, unless they don't all have to be able to watch something different. You get, say two HD receivers like the 211K for instance, and then run an HDMI cable to another TV. So say one 211K is in the family room, you run an HDMI cable to another room where another TV is. Both TV's get HD, however the second TV must watch whatever the first is watching. Then do the same with a second 211K (or other receiver) for the other two rooms.

If you would go the multi-211K route, you could (with one time $40.00 charge) hook up anEHD to one or all the receivers for recording, without a DVR fee. As said before, hard to believe you have NOT or would NOT ever want to have DVR capabilities.

If you would go the multi-211K route, you could (with one time $40.00 charge) hook up anEHD to one or all the receivers for recording, without a DVR fee. As said before, hard to believe you have NOT or would NOT ever want to have DVR capabilities.

We still get new customers that sign up and do not want a DVR. They do exist.

My buddy tried talking his roommate into upgrading to the DVR years ago. He made the comment that he could find enough money in change laying around the house each month in order to cover the cost for the DVR, the fee was $6 then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)