dvbworld

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2008
HD PVR800 FEATURE

280ochd.jpg

4t10yo.jpg

1.MAIN FEATURES

1). This receiver has all the functions of dreambox ; It is the cheapest HD receiver solution; Can be used around the world;

2). Linux Operative System ; HD CPU;Available tuners: DVB-S2;

3). Multilingual support on screen menu (OSD): English, French, Deutsch, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Danish, Greece, Portuguese, Finland, Holland, Turkish, Czech, selectable--and Language can be increased in the future

2.BASIC FEATURES

1) 300 MHz MIPS Processor - Linux Operating System

2) Fully compliant MPEG-4 H.264/AVC Main Profile Level 3 & High Profile Level 4.1;

3) Fully compliant MPEG-2 MP@HL & MP@ML;

4) Fully compliant MPEG-1 Layer I & II & III, Dolby Digital Audio(AC3);

5) SCPC & MCPC receivable from C/Ku band satellites;

6) multiple LNB-Switching control (supports DiSEqC1.0/1.1/unicable/1.2/1.3(USALS) supported)

7) NIT search supported;

8) Support MHEG-5;

9) Support HDMI 1.3;

10) Support PVR(store in USB disk);

11) Multimedia files playback(by USB);

12) Support Electronic Program Guide(EPG) for 7 days;

13) Teletext and subtitle out through OSD;

14) Support multi-lingual DVB subtitle and teletext;

15) Automatic and manual channel scan options;

16) automatic service scan

17) channel-change time < 1 second

18) OSD in many languages and skin-support

19) Multilingual support on screen menu (OSD): English, French, Deutsch, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Danish, Greece, Portuguese, Finland, Holland, Turkish, Czech, selectable;

20) LED Display

21) Multiple display mode: 1080i/720p/570p/576i/480p;

22) MPEG-2 / H.264 Hardware decoding

23) Videotext Decoder

24) Analog audio output: stereo(L+R);

25) Digital audio output: S/PDIF by coaxial and optical;

26) S/PDIF Interface for digital bit stream out (AC-3)

27) YCbCr available;

28) 2 x Scart (RGB, FBAS or S-Video)

29) Screen format:auto, 4:3, and 16:9;

30) Upgrade software through USB2.0 port;

31) Powerful program management function, parent lock;

32) CA 1x slot and CI 1xslot

33) 10/100Mbit Ethernet Interface

34) directly bouquet-lists

3.SPECIFICATIONS

DVB-S2

Input Frequency:950~2150MHz

Loop Out Frequency:950~2150MHz

Input Level:-65~-25dBm

Input Impedance:75¦¸

LNB Power: Auto/14v/18v/OFF, Imax = 500mA

Video decoder

Video Compression MPEG-2 and MPEG-1 compatible, H.246

Video Formats 4:3 / 16:9

Letterbox for 4:3 TV-Device

Audio decoder

Audio Compression MPEG-1 & MPEG-2 Layer I and II, MP3

Audio Mode Dual (main/sub), Stereo

Frequency: 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 16 kHz, 22.05 kHz, 24 kHz

Output digital

Output Level 0,5 Vss on 75 Ohm

Sampled Data Filtering 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz

S/PDIF-Output optical, Toslink

Video parameter

Input Level FBAS 1 Vss +/- 0.3 dB on 75 Ohm

Teletext filter in conformity with ETS 300 472 Standard

TV-Scart

Output: FBAS, RGB, S-Video

Serielle Interface RS 232

Typ RS232 bidirectional

Bit rate 115,2 kBit/s max.

Plug Connector SUB-D-9

Function: Update of Firmware

Ethernet

10/100 MBit compatible interface

Function: Update of Firmware

USB

1 x USB 2.0 Host ,PVR

LNB power and polarisation per tuner

LNB Current 500mA max.; short-circuit-protected

LNB Voltage vertical < 14V no load, > 11,5V at 400mA

LNB Voltage horizontal < 20V no load, > 17,3V at 400mA

Count of active satellite position

DiSEqC 1.0/1.1/unicable/1.2 SAT POSITION / SAT OPTION

DiSEqC - Rotor Control

External PSU

Input:110-240V AC / 50-60Hz / 0,6A

Output: 12V = / 3,0A

Physical specification

Ambient Temperature +15 °C...+35 °C

Humidity < 80%

Size (W x D x H): 300 mm x 220 mm x 56 mm

Weight: 1,8 kg without HDD

Power

AC input range:100-240VAC 50/60Hz

PowerConsumption (Standby): Max. 10W (<1 W)

Last edited:
Does it support 4:2:2 chroma decoding?

Does it have a hardware-supported blind scan?

and the blindscan works on dvb-s2 as well ? just confirming... :) whats the est price range going to be ?

yes, all sat signal will be blindscan ( include S /s2 /data TP) , it is a cheapest HD receiver solution, so the price is very good.
if u are interest the STB ,pls contact with our sales ( sales@worlddvb.com):up

DVB-World

- What's the make and model of HD PVR800 STB's MIPS Procesor?
- What Linux version is used?
- What's DVB-S2 Tuner chipsets are used? NIM Tuner Model?
- Will it (later) support multimedia playback over LAN / web? With what max bitrate / Ethernet connection speed?
- Will it support wireless LAN ?
- Why shown on the photo S/PDIF port is not optical Toslink as in your spec?

DVB-World

- What's the make and model of HD PVR800 STB's MIPS Procesor?

300M
- What Linux version is used?

this is linux mips osd

- What's DVB-S2 Tuner chipsets are used? NIM Tuner Model?
sharp7306 DVB-S2 Tuner,
- Will it (later) support multimedia playback over LAN / web? With what max bitrate / Ethernet connection speed?
We will consider to develop the functions. 100Mbit
- Will it support wireless LAN
we need ur detailed requirement, if ur wireless LAN can contact wiht our STB Ethernet slot, of course , it is support . maybe we don`t understand ur meands.
- Why shown on the photo S/PDIF port is not optical Toslink as in your spec?

the S/PDIF is support AC3 Audio
[/QUOTE]

DVB-Word,

Thanks for the prompt reply. What I mean, if you add wireless LAN support to the STB's PCB, it would eliminate the need and extra investment needed to buy a Wall (power wire) or Wireless Ethernet Kit usually used with STBs in NA, making your STB model more attractive to buy.

Also, your depicted prototype unit has Coaxial digital audio Out Port instead of S/PDIF Optical Out Port, mentioned in your spec above. Its not a principal matter though. ;)

I assume, you're talking about GForce 300M Series Processor.

What demodulator model is used in the Sharp NIM Tuner you mentioned?

DVB-Word,

Thanks for the prompt reply. What I mean, if you add wireless LAN support to the STB's PCB, it would eliminate the need and extra investment needed to buy a Wall (power wire) or Wireless Ethernet Kit usually used with STBs in NA, making your STB model more attractive to buy.

Also, your depicted prototype unit has Coaxial digital audio Out Port instead of S/PDIF Optical Out Port, mentioned in your spec above. Its not a principal matter though. ;)

I assume, you're talking about GForce 300M Series Processor.

What demodulator model is used in the Sharp NIM Tuner you mentioned?

maybe we will develop Wifi USB dongle to support our STB ,but it is only discuss the solution.

our STB main IC solution is ALI , demodulator model is M3501 from Ali. IT Supports BlindScan is very well, maybe u can ask Sadoun to buy our STB in later.

So will this give the AZBox a run for its money? If this unit can do 4.2.2 and Blindscan (As the poster claims) it might be something to consider. Its too bad neither box supports ATSC, as thats the last hold out for me.

DVB World

I think ikki is correct about the need to add ATSC NIM Tuner to the box, if possible. The reason is, a mass consumer of such STB in NA would not want to hunt studio feeds (direct event reports) regularly, instead most will prefer to usually watch clear regular FTA channels as they're gradually converted to S2 and 4:2:2. Unfortunately, choice of such channels is very scars at the moment, and ATSC OTA channels available locally in most regions complement FTA channels nicely. Most people will regularly switch btw FTA and OTA channels for local news and events. That's why NA STB importers specify ATSC support for HD FTA STBs. If you add an ATSC Tuner to the box, network media playback and integrated WiFi support, you'll have a huge winner. The ATSC tuner doesn't have to be used in-parallel with DVB-S tuner, only one or the other to keep the STB cost down using current chipsets choice if possible. :up

Last edited:
Maybe I missed something, but I don't think the question of 4:2:2 support was ever addressed. The profiles in the spec do not encompass this to my recollection. So dvbworld, does your new box:

1. Display 4:2:2 SD for MPEG-2?

2. Display 4:2:2 HD (to 1080i) for MPEG-2?

3. Display 4:2:2 SD for H.264?

4. Display 4:2:2 HD (to 1080i) for H.264?

Thanks!

Bump

Still waiting on pendragon's questions for be answered.

Maybe I missed something, but I don't think the question of 4:2:2 support was ever addressed. The profiles in the spec do not encompass this to my recollection. So dvbworld, does your new box:

Thanks!

Looking for the cost of the new receiver? Also wondering if Jamal at Sadoun will be stocking this one? If so and the cost is reasonable I might get one. Blind

Regarding YUV 4:2:2 support, NVIDIA 300M Series processors support NVIDIA PureVideoHD technology, which is a superset of NVIDIA PureVideo. However, subset of PureVideo features supported by NVIDIA drivers depends on GPU model number. Traditionally, NVIDIA drivers supported YUV 4:2:2 and higher colorspace only in Quadro series GPUs intended for business market. Hence, despite NVIDIA tight lips, I'd hardly expect 4:2:2 hardware decoding support in 300M GPUs allowed by the driver.

However, a Linux box can use codecs from various vendors, including those supporting 4:2:2, like Elecard or Etymonix. NVIDIA 300M series GPU and its drivers also support OpenCL to unable massive parallel computing utilizing 300M's chip parallel CUDA architecture. Hence, if the STB has sufficient RAM, 4:2:2 hardware decoding may be possible. I'd look at such box as a "work in progress" device. AZBox clearly shown that one should expect from a Linux STB ever growing set of supported features and capabilities. Again, DVB World is also known to upgrade and adapt their products hardware fast following new chipsets availability and market demand.

What's clear is YUV 4:2:2 support is the current requirement of NA market, since this format is expected to grow fast in local HD broadcast, and we need to let this know to DVB World product development. ;)

DVB World

I think ikki is correct about the need to add ATSC NIM Tuner to the box, if possible. The reason is, a mass consumer of such STB in NA would not want to hunt studio feeds (direct event reports) regularly, instead most will prefer to usually watch clear regular FTA channels as they're gradually converted to S2 and 4:2:2. Unfortunately, choice of such channels is very scars at the moment, and ATSC OTA channels available locally in most regions complement FTA channels nicely. Most people will regularly switch btw FTA and OTA channels for local news and events. That's why NA STB importers specify ATSC support for HD FTA STBs. If you add an ATSC Tuner to the box, network media playback and integrated WiFi support, you'll have a huge winner. The ATSC tuner doesn't have to be used in-parallel with DVB-S tuner, only one or the other to keep the STB cost down using current chipsets choice if possible. :up

we will consider NA market requirement, in fact ,add ATSC Tuner to our STB is easy . thanks ur suggestion!!

Thanks!

if u want to konw ur questions ,ok, pls capture the each format TS 600M to us, we got the TS and we will show the picture in our STB to u. let it testify the fact. when u capture the TS ,pls tell us the FTP address ,thanks very much!!

We will consider NA market requirement, in fact ,add ATSC Tuner to our STB is easy . thanks ur suggestion!!
DVB World

Thanks. That's exactly what many expected to hear from you! :)

I take your reply to 4:2:2 support question also as a big YES. Of course you know, it might not be that easy to obtain a video sample of 4:2:2 HD (to 1080i) for H.264 at the moment, but it seems theoretically possible. ;)

Another issue, worth for you to consider:

Smooth High Bit Rate HD stream playback & recording to USB and over LAN. While regular FTA programming is often of average bitrate, many studio feeds (event reports like a football game) and broadcasts of technically advanced network stations are of very high video quality, and recording them makes FTA a lot more enjoyable for enthusiasts. Users of even most popular multimedia and regular Sat STBs often complain that High Bit Rate (HBR) Shows are either not recorded properly, or can't be smoothly played back by the STB, even if the recorded file is of good quality. It was claimed that only SATA hard drives can deliver required speed for smooth HBR HD recordings.

Please make sure that USB 2.0 (or possibly SATA) and LAN 100M bandwidth of your STB can be fully utilized in practice, hopefully delivering smooth HBR stream recordings. Again, a sample of such HBR TS file uploaded to a FTP server would definitely help, and can possibly be supplied by any interested FTA fan in addition to requested 4:2:2 samples to have the job done. :)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts