Hd Question

tcass

Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
I just had DISH installed a couple of weeks ago. I have a DISH 1000 and a DISH 500. I requested the usual cable networks and the HD channels. DISH installers did the following:
• They hooked the DISH 1000 to the 110 and 119 satellites only. The third satellite, I believe the 129, was not connected because they said nothing was there yet. They said this set up gets me all regular channels and the HD pack as well as HBO/SHOW HD channels.
• They hooked the DISH 500 to the 61.5 satellite. They said the VOOM channelsd are there.
I've read here that the 61.5 channels, VOOM, are being shifted to the 129, hence the need in the future for the DISH 1000. I also have read on here that DISH is adding all 21 VOOM channels soon and they will only be available on DISH 1000.
I called the installers who said they knew nothing about this and seemed hesitant to come back out to my house to hook up the 129 satellite on my DISH 1000.
Here's what I was thinking I need to do -- so please, can someone with knowledge confirm?
• Have installers come back to the house and connect the 129 satellite to the DISH 1000. I understand the VOOM channels already are broadcasting from there.
• Have installers disconnect the DISH 500 from 61.5. Since that will no longer be used for VOOM, I don't need it. Plus, the existying VOOM channels -- as well as ALL other HD channels (ESPN, TNT, HDNET, HBO, etc.) are there, too, and live.
• Have installers aim the DISH 500 to the 121 satellite so I can add international programming.
Willl this work? Is this what I should do? If I do this, will I lose any HD programming? Is VOOM the ONLY HD programming on 61.5? Is all HD programming now on 129?
Please advise. I am trying to reconfigure my satellite setup this weekend.
Thanks.
T Cas

tcass said:
I just had DISH installed a couple of weeks ago. I have a DISH 1000 and a DISH 500. I requested the usual cable networks and the HD channels. DISH installers did the following:
• They hooked the DISH 1000 to the 110 and 119 satellites only. The third satellite, I believe the 129, was not connected because they said nothing was there yet. They said this set up gets me all regular channels and the HD pack as well as HBO/SHOW HD channels.
• They hooked the DISH 500 to the 61.5 satellite. They said the VOOM channelsd are there.
I've read here that the 61.5 channels, VOOM, are being shifted to the 129, hence the need in the future for the DISH 1000. I also have read on here that DISH is adding all 21 VOOM channels soon and they will only be available on DISH 1000.
I called the installers who said they knew nothing about this and seemed hesitant to come back out to my house to hook up the 129 satellite on my DISH 1000.
Here's what I was thinking I need to do -- so please, can someone with knowledge confirm?
• Have installers come back to the house and connect the 129 satellite to the DISH 1000. I understand the VOOM channels already are broadcasting from there.
• Have installers disconnect the DISH 500 from 61.5. Since that will no longer be used for VOOM, I don't need it. Plus, the existying VOOM channels -- as well as ALL other HD channels (ESPN, TNT, HDNET, HBO, etc.) are there, too, and live.
• Have installers aim the DISH 500 to the 121 satellite so I can add international programming.
Willl this work? Is this what I should do? If I do this, will I lose any HD programming? Is VOOM the ONLY HD programming on 61.5? Is all HD programming now on 129?
Thanks.
T Cas

Welcome to Satelliteguys,

1. There are local channels and Voom at the 129 satellite. State the city you live in and we can tell you if your locals are there.

2. Yes the Voom channels are at 61.5 along with Sky Angel, some foreign channels, the Pentagon Channel, and a few locals that will be moving to another satellite in the future.

3. Dish 500 cannot be used for the 121 satellite. You will need a 121 Superdish if you want everything to work on one cable.

Are you sure you have a dish1000 and dish500? The reason I ask is some people confuse dish1000 with superdish and dish500 with dish300.

A dish300 is a 18 inch dish with single LNB. Usually used for 61.5 or 148 but can be used for any location except 105/121.
A dish500 is a 21 inch dish with a twin LNB (twice as wide as a single LNB). Used for the 2 main sats (110/119). Not intended to be used as a dish300 (unless a single LNB was substituted for the twin)
A dish1000 is a 24 inch dish with both a twin and single LNBs. Used for Voom at 129 and main sats (110/119).
A superdish is a 30 inch oval dish with a pair of LNBs that also gets 3 sats but one is an FSS sat either 105 or 121.

If you really have a dish1000 then you don't need the other dish.
Voom is on both 61.5 and 129. Rumors that it will be removed from 61.5 are false. The dish1000 is not intended for the northeast US (east of Ohio and north of Wash DC).

it sounds like one of 2 things have happened, 1 you got a retarted, pot smoking installer that did the work and had no clue what the was doing, since 110,119, 129 all are on the same mast for dish 1000. 2, your confusing your dishes like someone else pointed out.

tcass said:
Thanks.
T Cas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)