HD Receiver

xtraheat

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 9, 2007
Looking to upgrade my receiver. At the present time I don't have HD satellite programming although I do have a HD tv. Was wondering what the picture looks like through a HD receiver even if you don't have the HD programmimg. Wondering if it is OK to buy the HD receiver now since I want to upgrade instead of buying non hd receiver now only to have to buy another in the future.

Uhmmm, why not upgrade to a 622 DVR and get HD service? Check the Dish It Up offer on the Dish website.

If you buy an HD receiver but not the HD programming package, you will have to pay an "HD enabling fee" of , IIRC, $6.

As you no doubt know, SD on an HDTV is not the best. Why pay for an HDTV but no HD signal? Of course, you probably can get HD OTA for free, and I heartily support that.

So do I have this right, you have an HDTV and are going to buy an HD receiver but don't want the HD programming? What is the point of upgrading your receiver then? I'd wait to upgrade until you want the HD programming. Electronics tend to get better and cheaper as time goes on.

I currently pay $34.99 for america's top 100 and locals plus $5 for an additional receiver. If I were to replace my current dvr receiver with the 622 dvr and got the HD channels with my current package. How much would my bill be affected.

You should look into the DVR Advantage Offer: Top 200 and two room DVR fee included, $39.99 for 10 mos. (49.99 after). $20.00 for HD package, $6.00 receiver rental...so about 65.99 for first ten months. You will be getting a lot more programing and music with the Top 200. Plus, you can Dish It Up to the 622 for $99.00 after $50 credit/rebate (in case you had not looked all this up already).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts