HD receivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Original poster
looking to buy a HD rec which one would you recommend
hughes HTLHD or SAM SIRTS360
or should i spend the xtra $300 and get zenith HDSAT 520, but if i dont hughes or sam.
thank-you for any help on this matter, this decision is stressing me out.

thanks eric

If you're looking at the Hughes & Sammy, you should buy the Hughes. I have one and I love it for D* and for my OTA. The Hughes box is simply more fliud than Samsung's. I do own a Samsung TV too so I am no biased.

I have heard rave rewiews on the Sony HD-300 but have yet to see it with my own eyes.

I am also trying to decide which receiver to go with, but I have trouble finding any new Hughes around for sale. It seems to be all Samsung. I am a longtime happy Hughes customer and really would like to stick with them. Is the HTL-HD guide similar to the analog receivers? Or is it more like the Samsung. An what about the HIRDE11 receiver? Is that an older/newer unit, better/worse?

Also, if anyone can recommend whether I should go with the larger 36x24 dish and seperate box, or one of these all in one deals with the combiner built in to the LNB?

I am a newbie at this, but just picked up a HD set, and need to get some programming on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts