HD Revceiver + SD DVR = Recording in HD???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SomeoneToo

Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
New sub ordered Directv today via the current AMEX deal. The CSR was trying to sell me on that fact that I did not have to have the HD-DVR in order to record in HD. He said if we had two receivers one HD one SD DVR, they could route the HD singal through the SD DVR and we can record HD without spending the $$$ on the HR20. Anybody ever heard of doing this? Is this possible? I went ahead and did it and if the installer shows up and laughs at me, I'll figure out what to do then.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks.

You will be recording the programming from the HD channel , but down-rezzed to the SD. But you can record from one to the other.

New sub ordered Directv today via the current AMEX deal. The CSR was trying to sell me on that fact that I did not have to have the HD-DVR in order to record in HD. He said if we had two receivers one HD one SD DVR, they could route the HD singal through the SD DVR and we can record HD without spending the $$$ on the HR20. Anybody ever heard of doing this? Is this possible? I went ahead and did it and if the installer shows up and laughs at me, I'll figure out what to do then.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks.
I could be wrong, but with the SD DVR I think the only input into unit is through the RF connectors (antenna & satellite). There is no way you are going to feed a HD signal from a HD receiver into them.

Yeah, there are no a/v inputs on the r15. The only way to get signal in is the rf sat inputs, I believe even the rf antenna jack is just a bypass.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks.

It does not matter what connections you use or what equipment you have, an SD DVR CANNOT record HD.

Thanks Everyone. I'll call back and try to get this straigtened out before the install next week.

It does not matter what connections you use or what equipment you have, an SD DVR CANNOT record HD.

BS it can record the downrezzed signal I do it all the time. Of course this is only useful if the HD channel is airing something you can't already get via the SD channel. Like Discovery HD or the HDNet channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts