HD satellite and dish location

Ok....If it flooded cable, he can use it. Even though the cable is unapproved.
Now, there are "out cards"....Here's one..Note the cable to the tech. He will most likely see that it is not orange. You tell him you were advised to sign off on this exception. The tech will write a statement on the workorder form that indicates ( word it this way) under no circumtances will you allow your property to be dug up or trenched to install a new cable in place of your new cable.
At least in this instance the tech will be covered. If the job is inspected it will fail. QC inspectors don't bother to read notes so he will not see that you signed off on the exception

Hopefully the tech's supervisor will back up the tech and then case closed.
On a lighter note, the tech may tip you....Hell, I would run down to the nearest store and buy you a case of beer for doing that.

Well, I do a ton of my own wiring (cable, phone, network, electrical, etc.) and used to do antenna work in my younger years (climbing towers, installing/repairing/replacing antenna, worked on a few BUD systems, etc.) so I hope I know what I'm doing. That being said - some of the newer stuff is getting beyond what I have a lot of familiarity with.

If he wants to run a new cable, I'm more than willing to help him (with 2 people it probably wouldn't take long to run). I just don't want to have to pay a large install fee and just am trying to help out as much as I can. It took me forever because I had a single spool and I ran 3 lines (for backup). Plus the damn spool kept kinking up on me!

Ok....If it flooded cable, he can use it. Even though the cable is unapproved.
Now, there are "out cards"....Here's one..Note the cable to the tech. He will most likely see that it is not orange. You tell him you were advised to sign off on this exception. The tech will write a statement on the workorder form that indicates ( word it this way) under no circumtances will you allow your property to be dug up or trenched to install a new cable in place of your new cable.
At least in this instance the tech will be covered. If the job is inspected it will fail. QC inspectors don't bother to read notes so he will not see that you signed off on the exception

Hopefully the tech's supervisor will back up the tech and then case closed.
On a lighter note, the tech may tip you....Hell, I would run down to the nearest store and buy you a case of beer for doing that.

BTW, what exactly do you mean by "flooded" ? It is swept to 2200 (I believe).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts