HD signal test / tester for network HD??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

PMKS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 7, 2005
South Texas
I live on the gulf coast 150 miles SW of Houston, I get the analog Houston locals via DirecTV.

I currently get CBS, FOX, and NBC east coast HD feeds, I got FOX turned on right away, and had to get waivers for NBC & CBS.
I'm approved for ABC HD from the Houston ABC affiliate, but another ABC affiliate that claims my area won't approve my waiver. This other ABC station is a low-power UHF station that does not even broadcast in HD yet. I talked to the station manager twice, with no success.

So last week I called DirecTV Hi-Def eligibility 1-800-263-0028 and asked about a signal test. I was told that there would be no charge for the test, and that the "tester" would test for HD OTA signals only. I was also told that the tester would not come to my home, but run the test from a vehicle???

I'm very curious as to how this HD OTA test operates, and who does the testing, anyone know?

San Antonio?

Is KSAT in SA an option?

I am sure someone can come up with a better answer but I would expect they would have an antenna on the truck.

When I first got my Squareshooter, I knew of no one in my neighborhood who received the Houston DTV channels via OTA. I looked it up on antennaweb.org and based on that made my decision.

It works perfectly but I am considerably closer than you are.

I'm about 150 miles from Houston, 150 miles from San Antonio, 80 miles from Corpus Christi, and 40 miles from Victoria ( where the low-power UHF ABC affiliate is at )

My house already had an antenna mast that had seperate VHF & UHF analog antennas on it with a working rotator, I did put up a OTA HD antenna, but have yet to receive any OTA signals / broadcasts.

I don't know if the Corpus Stations broadcast in HD or not, if so I haven't been able to pick them up yet.

I've never understood how we came to be in the "Houston locals" area.....

I wonder why Houston would be considered your local since from your description, I am guessing you are somewhere in Goliad county. (I grew up in the area)

What model of HD antenna do you have? Is in on the mast?

It doesn't look from my searches that any station (including ABC) in Victoria is broadcasting HD or even DTV.

CBS, NBC and PBS in CC are broadcasting DTV and at least KRIS (CBS) says they are doing an OTA HD broadcast.

The Houston area DTV broadcast antennas would be in a ENE line from Goliad. If I were using my Squareshooter 1000 HD antenna in that location, I would point it in that direction. I am only about 8 miles from Houston antenna farm and I still have to point at them.

You may be outside the fringe for DTV.

I'm in Calhoun county, right on the Gulf South of Victoria.

If you live in Calhoun County you get the Houston locals via D*
If you live in Refugio County you get the Corpus locals
If you live in Goliad County you get the San Antonio locals
If you live in Victoria County you don't get any locals via satellite... except maybe NBC & CBS national feeds

I used to install D* a couple of years ago part-time.....

My HD antenna is a Channel Master, my mind is blank right now as to what the model # is, lol. :confused:

I'll have to look up the HD channel #'s for Corpus Christi and maybe try them just to see.....

Antenna Web

Go to www.antennaweb.org and put in your zip code.

It will list the stations you should be able to receive and their frequency assignments. You can also view a map that will tell you the directions of each transmitting antenna.

sorry.....KRIS is an NBC station.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)