HD Signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

greggor48

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
Have a question. I know that you need a HD Receiver to receive HD signal (Satellite). My question is, can you use a SD Receiver line Pansat 2700A to check to see if HD signal is on a particular TP? I want to buy a HD receiver but I don't want to do so if the TP the channels are on is too weak to get a signal. So is there any way you can use a standard FTA receiver to check the HD signal?

I'm not sure if it is true on all HD signals but I know I can detect at least some of them with my (SD-only) Visionsat. The meter will register signal quality but I get the "Service Error" message on the screen, sometimes I can even hear the audio too. Not sure if the Pansat is similar.

I'm not sure if it is true on all HD signals but I know I can detect at least some of them with my (SD-only) Visionsat. The meter will register signal quality but I get the "Service Error" message on the screen, sometimes I can even hear the audio too. Not sure if the Pansat is similar.

An SD receiver can also pick up and lock on 4:2:2 chroma channels, but not display the video; audio only is what you get. Just another possibility to throw into the mix.
:)

yep...I scan with the Coolsat 5000 and if its HD then I manually program it into the Coolsat 8000 (HD box)

Most will show a green screen for HD on a SD box

yep...go to AMC1 and scan in the NBC channels. You'll get sound but no video

or most channels with a symbol rate of 13021 (FSN mainly uses that)...same thing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts