HD to SD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jmflow

Original poster
Jun 13, 2011
oregon
Hello, I need some help with a few things. At my work we have about 100 hdtvs, we have 2 excercise machines with built in sd tvs. We currently have about 50 sd channels, each channel has its own satellite box, all tvs connected with coax. The issue is that I will be soon getting hd , and I cannot find a way to make those two sd tvs recieve channels:confused:. The excercise tvs only have a coax connection . I was wondering if I can use a DTV converter box, but I don't think that may work. We have not yet had this conversion done, so I don't know exactly what equipment they will use, but I believe all that will change is the satellite boxes for each channel.

Not sure which receivers you will use since you're running a business. But if these receivers work the same way as they do for residential service, then all Dish receivers have SD outputs. (And they're all active at once.) A DTV converter box wll not work since there is no ATSC output from Dish receivers.

The recievers do look the same as residential ones, the thing is I believe we are going to have one reciever for each channel, like our current setup, and the other thing is the reciever rack is floors away from those two tvs,

So I found out that those 2 tvs are capable of recieving a digital signal, but I am not sure if it will work with an hd signal.

You really need to wait until you find out the complete system being installed. HD over coax pretty much says a cable modulation system. ATSC modulators for 50 channels might be prohibitive.

You really need to wait until you find out the complete system being installed. HD over coax pretty much says a cable modulation system. ATSC modulators for 50 channels might be prohibitive.
ATSC modulators are categorically cost prohibitive.

I suspect that without knowing a lot more about the new system, it is pointless to speculate how the signals are to be distributed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)