HD UHF Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AWSM GTA

Original poster
May 6, 2007
This has probably been asked before but if it has I can't find it. I went to the web site that shows the DTV channel designations and looked up Richmond, VA. It appears most of the digital channels are broadcast over the UHF band. Does this mean I could get away with a UHF antenna if all I was trying to get OTA was the HD channels? I get the local channels over my satellite service. Is there a good UHF antenna that I could mount in the attic that would work? Sorry for all the questions, i'm pretty new to this. Thanks for your help.

Yes. That is what it means.... FOR NOW. When the digital Change-over date comes around, some stations may switch their digital channel back to their old analog channel numbers. At one point some one posted that list here, but I can't find it right now.

See ya
Tony

A Channel Master 4228 is probably the best antenna out there. It picks up vhf 8 and up real good.

Try http://www.antennaweb.org It will give you a list of digital and analog stations available to you based on your address. It will also tell you the "size" of antenna you need and the direction you need to point it. I installed a Terk antenna in my garage attic and it works very well for my locals.

If all your stations are in the same direction, a directional antenna should be ok... if not, and if your stations are fairly close 10-20 miles and you don't live in a valley/mountainous area, then an omni-directional antenna should work ok.

I live in a valley and have to use a rotor with my CM4228.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)