HD Upgrade Equipment?

lawman1627

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 25, 2004
Rochester, NY
SInce it looks like STARZ HD will be coming out and only available to the newer HD recievers it might be time to upgrade my 942 for a VIP622. Since I am in NY I would need a second dish pointed to 61.5. Would DISH charge me for that second dish or would they provide it to me for free? FWIW I am using 4 receivers, 2 dual tuner, 2 single tuner with 2 DP34's.

Not sure if E* would take care of upgrade or not. It would only take the single dish with wire run to your first dp34. Do you receive NY locals on your package, this may insure E* taking care of install as the NY HD LiL's are still on 61.5.

I do receive locals but I am in western NY so they are not the HD locals, I use an OTA attena for those, I have a D300, all I would need is a dual DP lnb. I have done all my own installs, from the D300 to the Superdish, so the install wouldn't be a problem, that way I am sure its done right.

If you have a Superdish (seeing 3 orbital slots) and want to add another satellite location (61.5) you are going to need to have the pair of DP34 replaced with a DPP44. Thankfully you will only need one of them if you can use a separator on the dual tuner receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts