HD Upgrade install question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The only parts I disagree with is:

"2. They don't always have HDMI cable to give with the receiver. In that case you get component. You won't see a difference anyway."

The cables should always be included these days and surely not just a component or any ONE cable type. This is a simple and reasonable expectation. All of the cables should be included for ANY type of connection - the component, composite, s-video and HDMI; these are in every standard HD box's packing; along with the remote and the batteries for the remote. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks can or can't be "seen". I think they even had a 6' piece of F-type RG6 and a 12' RJ-11 too.. I have received 4 units and they were in all 4..

And you speak of something you don't know. Yes in retail pack you will get A/V, component, and HDMI. The HSP's and Direct installers get boxes that just have the receiver and remote. They get the other cables in bulk. As I said sometimes there are no HDMI cables.

"As such Directv pays the installers next to nothing. You get what you pay for."

Bottom line is regardless of what DirecTV pays (or any other employer), if you take a job, your own personal pride should have you doing your best job each and every time based on what the customer should get. If an installer has hard feelings about what they get paid; QUIT!! Don't "F" the customer; its called doing the RIGHT thing, having PRIDE in YOURSELF and being a PROFESSIONAL (like any other employer / employee relationship) .. I could care less if you sack groceries or toss papers; if you take a job, do it right and to the best to your ability. The piss and moan, poor pitiful me attitudes are exactly what is wrong in the USA.

Has nothing to to with pride. Has to to do with what the installer is paid to do. DO you do work for free just because you are a professional? I am sure the answer is no. As such Direct pays for the minimum, and gets what they pay for. In this case the new dish was installed and receiver connected. Thats all that is paid for, and that is what was done.

The only parts I disagree with is:

"2. They don't always have HDMI cable to give with the receiver. In that case you get component. You won't see a difference anyway."

The cables should always be included these days and surely not just a component or any ONE cable type. This is a simple and reasonable expectation. All of the cables should be included for ANY type of connection - the component, composite, s-video and HDMI; these are in every standard HD box's packing; along with the remote and the batteries for the remote. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks can or can't be "seen". I think they even had a 6' piece of F-type RG6 and a 12' RJ-11 too.. I have received 4 units and they were in all 4.

From what I recall, IF your getting NEW service, all the cables are there, if it's a replacement , cables may or may not be in the box at all.

From what I recall, IF your getting NEW service, all the cables are there, if it's a replacement , cables may or may not be in the box at all.

Like I said the HSP and Direct installers get boxes that have nothing but the receiver and the remote. All the cables are given seprately in bulk, except for coax the installer has to make those out of his pocket.

AND, would you walk around a roof in rain?
I remember asking a telephone installer to please get off the pole, and come back later, in a lightening storm through my 3rd story window, she said "I'm already here", it had been going on for hours, but then, SHE was an employee, not self-employed (no worker's comp) like most D* installers.

AND, would you walk around a roof in rain?
I remember asking a telephone installer to please get off the pole, and come back later, in a lightening storm through my 3rd story window, she said "I'm already here", it had been going on for hours, but then, SHE was an employee, not self-employed (no worker's comp) like most D* installers.

Ummm, IF they were working on a pole during lightning, they were a fool.
I work in the rain on Phone lines all the time, matter of fact I'm EXPECTED, it's part of the job.
Lightning starts, no more work is expected till it subsides.

Bring a tube of black jack and take the ugly foot plate off and squeeze some black jack into the old holes....poof....done:)

lmao:D

The "ugly foot plate" often can't be seen from the ground, and should be left in place. The dish and mast can be removed with no worries about leaks. If done enough roofs to know you don't want to just close up a hole with sealant if you don't have to. That would make you liable for any damages.

You won't be able to tell a difference between the HDMI and Component connections in Most cases, biggest difference is 1 cable vs 1Component and 1 Audio cable.

However, YES Component IS TRUE HD.

Why did he call for a waiver ?

It cracks me up at how many people have "golden eyes" and can see how how much better and sharper the pic quality is using HDMI. There is also a lot of people who do not connect receivers to landline phones anymore...a lot of people don't have landline phones anymore. This installer may have been a younger person who probably didn't even consider you having a landline.

I tried to set my tv resouloution to 1080P and it says it's not compatable. I have a 1080P TV and it is hooked up directly to the D receiver via an HDMI cable. Anyone else having this problem? And please don't give me the BB thing about if I have Monster Cable!!!

Jeff

I tried to set my tv resouloution to 1080P and it says it's not compatable. I have a 1080P TV and it is hooked up directly to the D receiver via an HDMI cable. Anyone else having this problem? And please don't give me the BB thing about if I have Monster Cable!!!

Jeff

The morons at PC Richards tried to tell me that a gold plated hdmi cable works better than one that isn't plated. Jerks!

Jeff

Your set may not support 1080p/24. I think that's how the Directv 1080p is being delivered.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts