HD upgrade

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Deke50

Original poster
Oct 2, 2005
Oak Park MI
:( I was scheduled for the Disc and Receiver today. I got some bad news. The tech could not do the install because "LINE OF SITE", A tree in my neighbor's yard. I guest the Elevation of the new Satellite 99 is 25 decreases. The tech that did the site survey said that a new disc is in the works to replaced the new 5 LNB DISC, which is 35 lbs and can't be mounted on a tripod. Does anyone know if this is true. I think he just told me that just to ease the pain.

Deke

Do you have DirecTV now? Then you should have a 99.9% chance of the new DISH being just fine. I would get another site survey or just do my own. Is there something about your property that might have scared him off making excuses so he could just leave? I would never suggest a tripod, but a post mounted in the ground or on a non-penetrating mount would be OK.

Just the tree in my neighbor yard. I had ask about a pole mounted in the ground and he said a 8 foot pole, which D is modifing, would need to go into the ground at leased 3 feet. Does anyone think I could mount it on a pole taller than 8 feet without creating a problem. I'm soo pissed.

Deke

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)