hd vs sd

One other note: The cable you connect your box with your tv is very important for HD. If you are using the RF coaxial output or the composite output, you will see no difference between HD and SD. Hook up component, dvi, or hdmi and make sure your set top box is outputting 1080i, you will see a difference.

I disagree. Using a DVI or HDMI cable will certainly provide the best picture but if by using a different type of output cable degrades your picture (assuming you are watching HD programming and your TV and box is set properly) to the point where you cannot see the difference between SD and HD, then you have other problems! :)

So HD downconverted to 240 lines over the RF cable will look better than SD?

It doesn't matter that you are watching an HD channel when it gets cut down to the lines of resolution output over these two useless connections.

You may disagree if you wish but I'm not wrong.

ive had my hdtv for 3 yrs since the 3 hurricanes that hit florida, ive watched 4dtv,fta, and regular sd feeds on it.

my jaw dropped when the techie from brighthouse told me that picture would be worse, with all ive heard about hd receiver that even your sd channels are suppose to look a little better not worse. it was a new box when i got hd box i was put on a list i had to wait for a box, when i first picked up cable they didnt have any hd boxes in so about 2 wks later i got the hd box, on the front of the box when youre watching a hd channel 1080 would light up.

i want to thank everyone for their comments.

unfortunately the phillips tv i have doesnt have the awesome sound alot of the hdtv have, hopefully i can upgrade my tv in the next yr.
From what you have posted, I wouldn't believe a thing anyone from Brighthouse cable says, if your experience is any indication, they don't know a thing about the business they're in. That's pretty shoddy service.

If you do decide to get a 622 receiver and have any questions on hooking it, or setting it up, there's plenty of sharp people here to talk you through it.

As far as the sound on your TV is concerned, you will never get great sound from built-in speakers on a TV. The first thing I did when I got my new DLP about a year ago was to turn off the speakers on the TV and route everything through my home theater system. For $500, you can get a decent home theater system that will completely blow away the best sounding TV speakers. Heck, you can get an Onkyo HT-S790 home-theater-in-a-box for $350 shipped (see Shop Onkyo)

Then, hook up your 622 via optical digital audio out to the new Onkyo system and get both the great picture and sound from HD. can't be beat!

Thanks for the input!

Sorry! I want this to help people so I welcome critical input and all suggestions!

Will you take a look again to see if it is more user friendly?

Thanks!

Sorry! I want this to help people so I welcome critical input and all suggestions!

Will you take a look again to see if it is more user friendly?

Thanks!

It's yours? Sorry for the blunt criticism!

It's better but the main text area is too wide. You had it the same width as the banner before but the text was in a separate layer that was underneath a layer that masked some of the text. You need your text layer and the color layer it sits on to be the same width.

Also, your navigation icons are still opening new windows.

Feel free to follow-up with me if you want by pm so we don't hijack the thread!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)