HD w/ Everything Pack

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sA :: Shaggy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
5701 S Santa Fe Dr
I was just wondering how many of you think that HD should be in the Everything Pack. One of the main reasons is the name, if it has everything then why do you have to pay more for HD?

For the same reason you have to pay for:

Sports
Superstations
OOM Sports
International Channels
Adult Channels
PPV

because they are not included in a package which is nothing more than AT180+Locals+Premium Movie Channels.

Hence the name many of us call AEP...Almost Everything Pack.

See ya
Tony

The cost of "Everything" is as follows:

$86.99 AEP+Locals as it stands now
$5.99 Superstations
$5.99 Distant Networks 1 (Qualifying subs)
$5.99 Distant Networks 2 (Qualifying subs)
$9.99 HD Package
$5.00 Voom Add-On package
$14.99 Playboy
$27.99 Extasy
$22.99 TEN
$22.99 Ten Clips
$14.99 Sky Angel (Different DBS Comapany but same equipment)
$5.99 OOM Sports Channels
$10.75 ($129 ÷ 12) NHL Center Ice
$15.75 ($189 ÷ 12) NBA League Pass
$9.92 ($119 ÷ 12) ESPN Full Court
$9.92 ($119 ÷ 12) ESPN Football Gameplan
$24.92 ($299 ÷ 12) English Primier League Soccer
$5.75 ($69 ÷ 12) MLS Direct Kick
------
Sub-Total for English Language = $306.90 per month.

Now for really everything...

$24.99 Dish Latino
$29.99 Great Wall Package
$27.99 Chinese Variety Pack
$21.99 Chinese Super Pack
$24.99 African Package (TeleSud / ABN America
$39.99 Arabic Elite Super Pack
$4.99 IQRAA A La Carte
$4.99 Noursat A La Carte
$9.99 Armenia TV A La Carte
$24.99 Farsi Pack
$28.99 Franco-American Package (Telesud not in this pack)
$19.99 German Pack
$36.99 Greek Pack
$19.99 Israeli
$19.99 Italian Package
$25.00 TV Japan
$36.99 Korean Variety Pack
$38.99 Polish Super Pack
$29.99 Grobo/Record Portuguese
$29.99 SPT Portuguese
$4.00 RTP International (Portuguese)
$24.99 NTV/TVCI Russian Value Pack
$24.99 RTV/RTV+ Russian Plus Pack
$49.99 South Asian Mega Pack
$34.99 Bengla Super Pack
$24.99 Gemini/Teha (Telugu)
$24.99 Sun/KTV (Tamil)
$24.99 Surya/Kairali (Malayala)
$9.99 South Asian News Add-On Pack
$8.99 American Desi/South Asia World
$14.99 Udaya TV (Kanada)
$14.99 Zee Gujarati
$0.99 Asian FM
$9.99 Mabuhay (Tagalog)
$34.99 Pak Super Pack (Urdu)
$14.99 Prime TV
---------------------------
Grand Total = $1132.56 per month or $13,590.72 per year for everything except PPV!

So in true Dish Networking packaging form, Let's say they put together the "This Really Is a Package of Everything" or "TRIPE" pack for an even
$1099.99 a month (as even as they get anyway)

Or

$13,199.88 a year and include two PPV movies of $3.99 for locking in the price.

How's that sound?

Did I miss anything?

See ya
Tony

Yes, the days of paying a surcharge for HD will come to an end as more cable channels go HD. I like the Verizon FiOS TV pricing structure where you do not have to pay extra for HD...just as long as you rent an HD receiver and subscribe to the that particular programming package.

TNGTony said:
The cost of "Everything" is as follows:

Grand Total = $1132.56 per month or $13,590.72 per year for everything except PPV!

Otherwise known as the "Charlie Ergen Wet Dream" :haha

(the sad thing is...somebody, somewhere, is probably subscribing at/near this level)

I actually voted no as many still won't pay for HD receivers until they come way down in price (especially the PVRs).

I have both the AEP and the HD Pak w/ V*, but realize that not everyone is like me. Maybe they need to rename it (Come up with an AEP/HD/MultiSports combo and call it the Diamond Pak or something exclusive sounding).

Just call it what is: "The Whale Pak". :D

I have AEP/HD w/V*/Superstations/MultiSport. That gives me everything including locals, distant locals, superstations, Fox Sports nets, the HD pak, the Voom HD pak and the premium movie channels, plus Sirius and E* music channels.

At the office, I and other satellite subscribers refer to ourselves as "whales" and I'm sure the term isn't unique here. :)

BobMurdoch said:
I actually voted no as many still won't pay for HD receivers until they come way down in price (especially the PVRs).

I have both the AEP and the HD Pak w/ V*, but realize that not everyone is like me. Maybe they need to rename it (Come up with an AEP/HD/MultiSports combo and call it the Diamond Pak or something exclusive sounding).
I was able to lease a second 811 (installed) for only 25 bucks..you cant really beat that

Sorry, let me clarify...... until HD PVRs come way down in price.... I still can't fathom why PVRs haven't taken off like DVD players did..... Oh well, probably for the better, ... if EVERYONE had one of these things, the ad boys would have shut them down by now....

I have never owned a DVR/PVR but I do have a DVD recorder. I do like the DVD recorder for recording shows when I'm gone but if someone does this alot then it would be alot easier if they had a DVR. I just wish I had a 942 instead of the 811.

Although I answered "Yes" in this poll I feel the channels that have HD counterparts should be included within the everything pak. Examples HBO-HD, SHO-HD, TNT-HD and ESPN-HD. Channels like Disc-HD, HDNet, HDNet Mov and Voom should remain separate. Should new movie channel like MAX-HD and Stars-HD become available the should be part of the everything pak and movie pak.
Note: Presently TNT-HD and ESPN are part of the HDPak but really should be included in the everything pak because they're the HD component of the SD channel that's already included in said package. Also HBO-HD and SHO-HD are already included in the everything pak or associated movie paks and I feel they should continue that policy with any future channels that arrise.

Yes, but no

Yes, because Im a cheap bastard, and want to save $15 a month (already have AEP)

No, because if the time comes, Id still like to pay $20 a month, and get HD and VOOM only!

But since I have AEP, sure, why not! (knowing E, they will rase the price $15, and call it AEP+HD heh)

dfergie said:
Perhaps the Hd pack with V* and AEP should be renamed to AEHD pack...or Whale for short :D
A problem with that is people who don't HDTV/receivers will feel that they're being cheated because they are paying for channels they can't get. Second wouldn't the price go up if HDPak and Voom were included?

As for the movie paks (ie HBO, MAX, SHO, Stars) it's nice to know that if they upgrade to HD there's an extra benefit to their exixting package because they get HBO-HD and SHO-HD (possibly more HD movie channels in the future) at no additional cost.

TNGTony said:
For the same reason you have to pay for:

Sports
Superstations
OOM Sports
International Channels
Adult Channels
PPV

because they are not included in a package which is nothing more than AT180+Locals+Premium Movie Channels.

Hence the name many of us call AEP...Almost Everything Pack.

See ya
Tony

I don't get locals with my AEP. I think they are included only on the DHA plan with leased receivers. Is that correct?

Brad

Bradtothebone said:
I don't get locals with my AEP. I think they are included only on the DHA plan with leased receivers. Is that correct?

Brad
Anyone can request dish locals.

As of this year any new customer ordering AT60, 120, 180 or AEP they will include locals unless they request that they don't want them. If you decline locals you'll save $5-6. They're are trying to make locals the default choice (at the higher price quote). Their web shows prices for both (with or without locals) but newbies don't always realize there's a choice. This can be a problem for those that require superdish (or extra wing dish) in order to get locals because if they cancel the locals too soon after ordering they may be subject to penalty.

It's not that I want locals - I just don't want to pay for them and not get them. I looked at the website, and it's like I thought: $5 less w/o locals.

The only thing I would want locals for is local digital EPG info on my 921. I REFUSE to pay $5.00/mo for that - it should be included in the $5.00/mo DVR fee (which, of course, is waived with AEP!).

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)