Hd W/ Tivo In My Apartment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

URSEMAN

Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Maybe Someone Can Help Me. I Reacently Moved Into A Apartment And Brought My Exsisting Directv Equipment With Me. I Was Told By My Management Company That I Cannot Cut Any Holes Or Mount Any Hardware In Or On My Building. There Is One Coax Cable Going Outside From My Apartment. I Was Told By A Installer That I Could Not Set Up My Service Because My System Has A Total Of 4 Coax Cables That Need To Go Outside To My Dish And There Were No Available Splitters. Is That True, I Find It Hard To Believe I'm The Only Guy That Wants Directv With Hd And Tivo That Lives In A Apartment.

Without knowing exactly what equipment you have, it's going to be impossible to provide a specific answer to your problem.

Speaking generally, the one coax out from your apartment will be a problem if you have more than one receiver. At this time, there is no way to split the D* signal from one wire to many that is available to the general public.

Depending upon your meeting certain standards set forth in the FCC OTARD Rule, you may still be able to get D* service by using alternative mounting and cable routing methods such as flatwires and tripods.

Maybe Someone Can Help Me. I Reacently Moved Into A Apartment And Brought My Exsisting Directv Equipment With Me. I Was Told By My Management Company That I Cannot Cut Any Holes Or Mount Any Hardware In Or On My Building. There Is One Coax Cable Going Outside From My Apartment. I Was Told By A Installer That I Could Not Set Up My Service Because My System Has A Total Of 4 Coax Cables That Need To Go Outside To My Dish And There Were No Available Splitters. Is That True, I Find It Hard To Believe I'm The Only Guy That Wants Directv With Hd And Tivo That Lives In A Apartment.

Is there some reason you capitalize every word? It makes typing much more difficult for me.

Without knowing exactly what equipment you have, it's going to be impossible to provide a specific answer to your problem.

Speaking generally, the one coax out from your apartment will be a problem if you have more than one receiver. At this time, there is no way to split the D* signal from one wire to many that is available to the general public.

Depending upon your meeting certain standards set forth in the FCC OTARD Rule, you may still be able to get D* service by using alternative mounting and cable routing methods such as flatwires and tripods.

I'm moving into an apt next month, and am told my patio faces NE. They also do not allow any permanent mounting of any kind. Assuming I can't get southern exposure with a tripod on my patio, am I SOL? The OTARD rule doesn't look like it prohibits "no drilling" rules.

I'm moving into an apt next month, and am told my patio faces NE. They also do not allow any permanent mounting of any kind. Assuming I can't get southern exposure with a tripod on my patio, am I SOL? The OTARD rule doesn't look like it prohibits "no drilling" rules.
From what I understand you are SOL. That was one of the requirements I had when I was looking at apartments to make sure it faced the corrected direction. When the first installer had trouble getting an HD dish installed on my balcony, I even went so far as telling the office to find me another apartment or I'm moving. Fortunately I did get installed later.

Is there some reason you capitalize every word? It makes typing much more difficult for me.
I believe the forum software converts All Cap text to just the first letter of each word.

So I guess the OP was really yelling at us. :)

it's been 9 days, where's the OP?

I have a HD DVR and live in an apt. I have my cords ran through a side window of my patio. I also live on the NE side but my apt complex is only two stories so I have a long pole that my dish lol.

Are you trying to say that flat RG6 cable jumpers will not work? I have seen them in use with and HD setup working just fine? Why would HD matter? Aren't signals over RG6 all the same?

Well I have seen them in use in at least 20 setups, with varying PhaseII/III, AT9 and SlimLine dishes, with both MPEG2 and MPEG4, so not sure what was so special about those.

Well I have seen them in use in at least 20 setups, with varying PhaseII/III, AT9 and SlimLine dishes, with both MPEG2 and MPEG4, so not sure what was so special about those.

I agree with Charper. I have HD and do use flat cables to get the cords through my window. I have no problems and the HD works great. My friend also has his done the same way.

never tried it, told not to. good info to know in a "pinch" though.

didnt know there was flat cable sweep tested to 3Ghz. if china doesn't make it, then the co. i work for doesn't get it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts