HD Waiver Question?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

yukon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
After months and months of battling for networks in HD, I went out and got my own waiver from my local affiliate. However I faxed it into D* and they still haven't turned it on. What is the quickest possible way for them to turn on my friggin service. I have the waiver in hand and have faxed it to them. Anyone know who I can contact? I called the HD number and they are like we are not the eligibility and when your eligible we'll turn it on. Well how in the hell am i not eligible. I got the waiver, and I sent in the waiver, and then the woman tells me you can't talk to that dept. I mean what the heck. Getting really old.

For starters which state/town do you live in? D* is being regulated by FCC mandates as to which content can be offered in HD to your area. For my HD experience it was all about "constantly" calling them. I think after a while they got sick of me calling twice a day for about a month solid.

Local-HD has been shot down for me but I am able to get, ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX all in HD. I might be one of the lucky ones. Oddly enough according to D*'s website they say I am not eligible for Fox-HD in my area but I ensure you I can. Don't know if this will work in your case but it's worth a shot.

A DirecTV tech gave me this information in March, I hope it is still good:

Mail or Fax form to:

DirecTV
Customer service
Attn: Network waivers
PO BOX 70014
Boise, Id 83707-0114

Fax: 208-363-6444
Attn: SHVA

He didn't give me a direct phone #....... Fax a letter asking what your status is.

Yukon,

Maybe ask Directv to re-request a waiver from the station. They will do this once every 60 (or 90) days if you ask them to. Usually the station relies on a 3rd party (Decisionmark) for the answer but if you give them a heads-up maybe they can be ready to respond in your favor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)