This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

HD Waiver Question?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

yukon

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
After months and months of battling for networks in HD, I went out and got my own waiver from my local affiliate. However I faxed it into D* and they still haven't turned it on. What is the quickest possible way for them to turn on my friggin service. I have the waiver in hand and have faxed it to them. Anyone know who I can contact? I called the HD number and they are like we are not the eligibility and when your eligible we'll turn it on. Well how in the hell am i not eligible. I got the waiver, and I sent in the waiver, and then the woman tells me you can't talk to that dept. I mean what the heck. Getting really old.

For starters which state/town do you live in? D* is being regulated by FCC mandates as to which content can be offered in HD to your area. For my HD experience it was all about "constantly" calling them. I think after a while they got sick of me calling twice a day for about a month solid.

Local-HD has been shot down for me but I am able to get, ABC/NBC/CBS/FOX all in HD. I might be one of the lucky ones. Oddly enough according to D*'s website they say I am not eligible for Fox-HD in my area but I ensure you I can. Don't know if this will work in your case but it's worth a shot.

A DirecTV tech gave me this information in March, I hope it is still good:

Mail or Fax form to:

DirecTV
Customer service
Attn: Network waivers
PO BOX 70014
Boise, Id 83707-0114

Fax: 208-363-6444
Attn: SHVA

He didn't give me a direct phone #....... Fax a letter asking what your status is.

Yukon,

Maybe ask Directv to re-request a waiver from the station. They will do this once every 60 (or 90) days if you ask them to. Usually the station relies on a 3rd party (Decisionmark) for the answer but if you give them a heads-up maybe they can be ready to respond in your favor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.