HD " Wish List" TOP 5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brian24740

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
Princeton,WV
I would like to see everyones top 5 hd "Wish List". What channels would you like to see go hd and be added to the DishNet line up?

My List:

1. Max HD

2. SCI Fi HD

3. Fox News HD

4. MTV HD

5. Animal Planet HD

Last edited:
mwgiii said:
Add OLN HD

I'm assuming that since the other channels you listed are currently available, you are asking for OLN-HD as an available channel. However, there is not currently an OLN-HD channel. The hockey games they carried last season were carried on either a Special Events channel or InHD1/2 in Comcast areas. As the contract with OLN/Comcast was signed at the end of last hocket season, the playoff games that were in HD were in fact carried on E*. I would expect to see them again this year in the same manner.

1) All Pay Channels available in HD (HBOHD, HBOWHD, SHOHD, SHOWHD, TMCHD, MAXHD, etc)
2) Sci-Fi if they would ever get their act together
3) INHD
4) MHD
5) what else would be left? A&E, BRAVO, ??

Current HD Channels I'd like to see:

1. INHD
2. FSN-HD
3. MHD
4. Cinemax HD
5. A&E-HD

Channels I'd like to see go HD:

1. TCM
2. Travel Channel
3. Animal Planet
4. Comedy Central
5. Sci Fi

well to the first poster, requesting channels that aren't even in hd isn't going to get you far

BFG said:
well to the first poster, requesting channels that aren't even in hd isn't going to get you far

Yup. Exactly. And I doubt E* would ever carry FNC in HD; given the ongoing wars with D* and its owner :rolleyes:

But I am waiting patiently for Cinemax HD, INHD, A&E-HD, the 11 RSNs, and if it is available, The Movie Channel HD (I'd love to get at least one HD feed from all of my premium movie channels!)

As far as non-existing HD goes, I'd love to see Sci Fi, and for my kid, Disney. Then with all of that, I'd be pretty content (BUT I have no expectations of these anytime soon).

AND if we are wishing, I wish for the day when I can just buy the all of the HDs, and simply a la carte the few SD channels I watch.

Wish List? How about a little HD to go with our DishHD?

Tom was either reading my mind or writing while watching DishHD. Speaking of DishHD...what looks like DishHD, sounds like DishHD, and feels like the DishHD experience? Unfortunately, it's not DishHD since E* only offers the DishHD-Lite version these days; sad, but very true!

1. More bandwidth for MonstersHD
2. More bandwidth for HDNews
3. More bandwidth for FilmFest
4. More bandwidth for WorldSport
5. More bandwidth for EquatorHD

Anyway, that's my HD "Top 5" Wish List.

1. Make Voom into 3-5 full bandwidth channels - We have dvr's no need for multiple repeats.
2. Move Detroit LiL off 118.75. Signal is way low (high sixties/low seventies) and if you sneeze it goes out.
3. Give HDNet back full bandwidth!!!
4. Cut the Mpeg4 crap until it is ready (years from now).
5. No need to add anything new until the current is working properly unless bandwidth is available.

A "Wish" List is exactly what it says. Requested channels do not have to currently be HD. Maybe someone from ScFi channel reads this forum and sees so many people wishing for it that they get the hint.

I like VOOM and enjoy having access to it.

That said, I am to the point where I would gladly give up half of the channels, even a representative number that I watch, if PQ could be improved on other channels.

So I guess my wish list could be modified to reduce the number of present channels in order to get better video quality. The only rumored channel that interests me is Cinemax HD, as it would add another movie channel. But I would be willing to forego it for better quality.

1. Cinemax HD
2. The Movie Channel HD
3. TCM HD (when & if available)
4. History Channel HD (when & if available)
5. Fox Movie Channel (when & if available)

Now the Flip side: what 5 channels do you never want to see go HD?LOL

My List

1. Cspan
2. QVC
3. 101 Remote Help.lol
4. Tv Guide
5. Sirius Music Channels (hd music info).

j/k

1) Sci Fi
2) FX
3) USA
4) BBC America
5) I agree in paring down Voom to less than 15 channels

a) one music channel (rave)
b) one sports channel (worldsport, rush)
c) one PBS style channel (Gallery, treasure, equator, ultra, anamania, gameplay)

d) three movie channels

d1) World cinema & family
d2) Monsters
d3) Filmfest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)