Hd

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Turd Fergeson

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
River Falls, Al
I've searched and found some info but not any direct answers so here is the situation. I want network HD. Antenna is out of the question because of distance. I have East coast locals from Directv but not happy with the quality and want to drop the bill. I have all my other HD thru Dish. Is there a way to get them fta or with some kind of sub to a c-band company. I really don't care if it is KU or C-band, free (legally) or sub. I'm really looking for options and equipment names. The equipment cost is not a major issue. I only say that because I seen a few posts that people were pushed away from certain options because of price. Thanks for any suggestions:)

There are quite a few HD feeds up there including many of the nets. I watch the Late Show in HD every week night, there is WB HD, ABC HD and I have even seen the Tonight show in HD.

I use the DVB World USB receiver for HD and 4:2:2 You know the deal with FTA! Here today maybe gone tomorrow!

Based on River Falls, AL - At 56 miles max from the towers you should be able to get reception with the correct antenna setup.

Any cable company in your area?

Which affiliates do you want? Any network HD? Some are not always there.

I live in a very low area, river basin. I put up a 95' tower and I can actually pic up cbs hd ota but no luck on the others. I think I've seen that some Alaskan local channel put their sd channel on c-band. Is there anything like that that is HD.

nope

other than the occasional feed, there isn't a full time HD of the big 4 (PBS HD is up there 24/7)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)