HD10-250 Connected to 2 LNB system

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BJA

Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
Michigan
I’ve searched for an answer to this but didn’t find the exact setup.
I hope this is the right forum to post this question.
My current system is SD Direct TV, I have two satellite dishes one for SD Direct TV programming pointed at the 101° satellite, the other is for local channels I don’t know what satellite this is pointed at. It’s pointed about 15° east of the 101. Both dishes have a single dual LNBs. The four leads from LNBs go into a 4X2 switch with two output leads going into the house and are connected to 2 receivers.
I want to replace one of the receivers with a HR10-250 DVR to view and record OTA HD programs and Direct TV SD programs. I’m not interested in upgrading to full HD until the new DTV TiVo is released.
I think I need to replace the 4x2 with a 4x4 switch and add another line to the house. I have attached a diagram of the hookup I think I need to make. Is there any other way to do this without adding an additional line to the house?
Bill

Attachments

• DTV Wiring Diagram2.JPG
    DTV Wiring Diagram2.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 161
Locals usually come from the 72.5 sat, which a bit further east than 15° away.

Anyway, to make it easy for future upgrades, I'd get the WB68 multiswitch which will support the KaKu 3LNB (99, 101,103 sats) dish used for HD. You'll need four lines from the dish for this.

Actually DTV will give me a free upgrade, including instillation, to HD. But I want to save that until the new TiVo DVT DVR comes out, should be before the end on the year. Of cource it will require a new two year contract.
Bill

I wouldn't hold my breath on the new TiVo coming out this year. With the economy the way it is I wouldn't be surprised to see DirecTV kick that can down the road until at least next year if not beyond.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)