HD10-250 SD picture

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Girevik

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
Columbus, OH
I'm just curious about how the SD signal looks through the HD10-250. My TV does a pretty good job with the stretching, and I'd hate to spend $900 on a unit that makes the SD content (80% of what we watch) look bad.

I think it makes it look much better than when I had the standard SD receiver.

The reason why is the HDMI all digital connection (or the 3 cable method for those that done have that connector on there TV- cant remember the name).

Both look great.

I still putthe HD Tivo in 480i mode and let the big screen take care of the wide mode stuff as that is what looks the best.

I put the HD Tivo in 1080i mode only when watch HD channels.

The SD channels all look DVD quality once you tweak your TV settings to the new receiver (a required step).

ScottChez said:
I think it makes it look much better than when I had the standard SD receiver.

The reason why is the HDMI all digital connection (or the 3 cable method for those that done have that connector on there TV- cant remember the name).

Both look great.

I still putthe HD Tivo in 480i mode and let the big screen take care of the wide mode stuff as that is what looks the best.

I put the HD Tivo in 1080i mode only when watch HD channels.

The SD channels all look DVD quality once you tweak your TV settings to the new receiver (a required step).

I was thinking that the TV wouldn't have an option for stretching the picture since it would be using an HD input. I guess that's just because my HD Antenna input doesn't have that option - maybe whatever input the TiVo would use would allow that.

Is it a pretty easy switch to go from 480i to 1080i?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts